Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pall lenticular k-250 or k -300? Inline between unitank and bottling machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pall lenticular k-250 or k -300? Inline between unitank and bottling machine?

Hi, I´m trying to decide wich modules to buy, the rated 3-9 micron K250 or the coarser 6 - 12 K300s. Our filter housing is a four module 16" pall lenticular and we are planing (if possible) to filter inline around 20 bbls from unitank - filter - meheen bottling machine. Any one doing this already? The beer is going to be already nalco fined and I am concerned about not getting enough flow to the bottling machine with the k250 or even k300. Any advise would be very aprechiated! Thanks you all for your time!

Luis

Originally posted by nahual View Post
    Hi, I´m trying to decide wich modules to buy, the rated 3-9 micron K250 or the coarser 6 - 12 K300s. Our filter housing is a four module 16" pall lenticular and we are planing (if possible) to filter inline around 20 bbls from unitank - filter - meheen bottling machine. Any one doing this already? The beer is going to be already nalco fined and I am concerned about not getting enough flow to the bottling machine with the k250 or even k300. Any advise would be very aprechiated! Thanks you all for your time!

Luis
    It will depend on the level of clarification you desire. I’d imagine that your fining would give you a relatively clear product already, but I doubt 6 micron is small enough to clarify more than your fining. At 3 micron you should be able to remove most yeast. It will naturally filter slower than a coarser pad, but if you’ve fined/settled long enough, then you shouldn’t have any flow issues. I don’t know about running it inline, but my 4 mod Pall with supradisc II will filter my lagers at 8-10 gpm without issue. I highly doubt a meheen can do more than 85 BPM. Probably half that.

Comment

Agree with the comment about 3 micron.

I would much prefer to have the safety net of a separate bright beer tank before bottling, because you can double check the clarity, carbonation and ensure you don't have dilution due to any flush water you may use, before you bottle. The use of a bright beer tank removes any shocks to the filter due to the function of the filler. Filters are not good (even depth filters like these) at coping with pressure shocks. Not sure how extreme those would be, but any shock is liable to push something undesirable through.

It will probably also be easier to clean and sanitise (even if it takes longer) as separate parts.
      dick

Comment

Thanks a lot for all this excellent information! After reading your comments I going for the k150, rated a 3-4 microns. Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Comment

Working...
        X