Source for 600v elements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for 600v elements?

Does anyone have a source for 600v, 15KW heating elements? I have tried both Wattco and Brewmation, no luck.

For background, we currently have 208v, 15KW elements... the building we're going in to is running 600v so our electrician highly recommends we switch out the elements if we can. But is a step-down transformer an option? How many Amps could we get at 208v if the buiiding offer 400A at 600v?

Thanks

not going to be your best option but could run 3 208v elements in series. An option but not your best and i don't recommend it for a DIY guy. I'm part of designing electric heating systems in high $$$ rail cars and that's what i do.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Any chance you have a diagram or example I can show my electrician? He seems hell bent on replacing the elements altogether but I like the idea of keeping our existing 208v equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by brewerkingmatt View Post
        Does anyone have a source for 600v, 15KW heating elements? I have tried both Wattco and Brewmation, no luck.

For background, we currently have 208v, 15KW elements... the building we're going in to is running 600v so our electrician highly recommends we switch out the elements if we can. But is a step-down transformer an option? How many Amps could we get at 208v if the buiiding offer 400A at 600v?

Thanks
        ASB Heating Elements - 800-265-9699

We received our 36kw elements in about 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you! I'm trying them right now

Originally posted by chronolite View Post
          ASB Heating Elements - 800-265-9699

Comment

Thank you! I'm trying them right now
            If you have trouble finding this element we may be able to help you out. Not something we stock, but we have a supplier in Illinois that makes our one off heating elements. Lead time is usually around 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for a little quicker than that, but if not then feel free to reach out. We will help however we can.

Drew Barnes
            probrewing@blichmannengineering.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlichmannPro View Post
              If you have trouble finding this element we may be able to help you out. Not something we stock, but we have a supplier in Illinois that makes our one off heating elements. Lead time is usually around 6 to 8 weeks. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for a little quicker than that, but if not then feel free to reach out. We will help however we can.

Drew Barnes
              probrewing@blichmannengineering.com
              Will do, Drew. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks
                If you can email us the physical dimensions of the element such as diameter, overall length, shape, etc we can probably get you something either identical or close to it. Also, list the electrical specifications. Our heating element source is US based/made.

Thanks,
                Bill Mason
                Chicago Brewing Supplies, Inc.
                sales@chicago-brew.com
                Chicago Brewing Supply
                bmason@chicago-brew.com
                (773) 442-2455

Comment

Working...
                X