Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller for a High Turndown Gas Burner (like MIDCO-RE4400DS-HTD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller for a High Turndown Gas Burner (like MIDCO-RE4400DS-HTD)

Looking for feedback from anyone in the community that is currently using, (or, has in the past used), this type of High Turn-down Gas Burner and what type of Controller (Honeywell or other) they have used to Modulate the burner to a lower BTU Range once the boil has been reached to maintain an efficient 60 to 90 minute boil. (My 10bbl kettle was modified to an Internal Calandria direct fire heat source). Midco International would not recommend any particular controller. They only told me it needs to be a controller that can provide a 0-10V DC signal to modulate the burner -- combined with a thermocouple to monitor kettle temperature and feedback to modulate the burner.

Use the Midco modulator for your burner.

One the controls, you can use any type controller that is 0-10vdc. On the output of the 0-10vdc leg, also install a reostat type knob to adjust th burner manually. The controller is only going to be on-off and is mostly there for checking the temp as you come to a boilover. It is useful if there is an operation timer and a program clock timer to turn on the burner if you are heating brew water before you shor up in the morning.

Also, put in a hard kill switch to shut power going to the reostat.
    Todd G Hicks
    BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick response Todd!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X