Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys using for a Parts Basin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you guys using for a Parts Basin?

Hey there,

Just curious what y'all are using for a parts basin to soak parts in? (valves, tees, elbows, ya know)

Are most of you guys getting something custom made? IE cutting a half barrel in half and mounting it to a table with a valve at the bottom, or something along those lines. Or is there anything you can buy "stock" that works well. Just curious.

Thanks!

I store all my stainless steel fittings, clamps, and gaskets in buckets of diluted StarSan. Easy peasy lemon squeezie.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by C_Ford View Post
      Hey there,

Just curious what y'all are using for a parts basin to soak parts in? (valves, tees, elbows, ya know)

Are most of you guys getting something custom made? IE cutting a half barrel in half and mounting it to a table with a valve at the bottom, or something along those lines. Or is there anything you can buy "stock" that works well. Just curious.

Thanks!
      I use a food grade bucket...

K
      I
      S
      S

Comment

Plastic buckets, clean a and swap them weekly minimum. But for a stock COP solution at a good price try used dairy places like

Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
        tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

If you want to make it super complicated then you can use two buckets that stack. One with holes drilled in it. - but I prefer to fill with PAA.

Comment

I worked at one place that had shallow stainless trays, like a lasagna tin, with a smaller perforated tray inside, so you could lift all the small parts in one go & replace the sani. Pretty simple, pretty handy & I’ve no clue where they got them...maybe a restaurant supply store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mic_mac View Post
              I worked at one place that had shallow stainless trays, like a lasagna tin, with a smaller perforated tray inside, so you could lift all the small parts in one go & replace the sani. Pretty simple, pretty handy & I’ve no clue where they got them...maybe a restaurant supply store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That is called a steam tray.

Comment

Working...
              X