single phase heating element(s) help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single phase heating element(s) help

Hi, I'm a direct fire brewer and have a 7 bbl vessel I need to heat via elements. I have 240/120 single phase service and I'm looking for help from more electrically inclined brewers. I'm hearing it will take several hours(and that's fine) to heat this thing. Can anybody offer advice on how to do this on a shoestring budget? Cheers

The time it takes to heat depends on how much power you have available. We put 4 15kw heating elements (60kw total) into our previous 7 bbl system and it wouldn't take too long to get the lauter runnings to a boil. We would maintain the boil with 15-30 kw. Search the internet for energy required for heating water and you can determine how much power you need for your application. Then it's a matter of finding heating elements and mounting them in your vessel.

Comment

Screwplug heater for brewing

Hi Ulmus,
      Check out the following article: https://www.wattco.com/2017/12/indus...current-needs/

Also, if you call 800-402-8826, ask for Adrian you'll get more ideas using stainless immersion heaters with controls.

Comment

Thanks you both for taking time!

Comment

Working...
        X