Thread: Alternatives to NSI/DME

Alternatives to NSI/DME

So with the news of DME's troubles, it seems equipment from them is off the table as an option from new brewing facilities. I have assisted in the building of 3 new facilities all with NSI equipment. The guy I worked under preferred the equipment. Anyway, I am helping someone else on a build. They too wanted NSI equipment. Now they need to find an alternative. The NSI system was going to be fully automated 50 bbl brewhouse with separate mash mixer, LT, kettle, and whirlpool. All steam. What other manufacturers have you all used to make similar setups?

You can look at Craftwerks, Premier, JV Northwest and Specific.

I have worked with all of them and they all make very reliable gear.

Sprinkmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty_Monk View Post
    Sprinkmen.
    Just purchased by Krones
    krones completes acquisition of wm sprinkman corporation

Quote Originally Posted by bburton359 View Post
    So with the news of DME's troubles, it seems equipment from them is off the table as an option from new brewing facilities. I have assisted in the building of 3 new facilities all with NSI equipment. The guy I worked under preferred the equipment. Anyway, I am helping someone else on a build. They too wanted NSI equipment. Now they need to find an alternative. The NSI system was going to be fully automated 50 bbl brewhouse with separate mash mixer, LT, kettle, and whirlpool. All steam. What other manufacturers have you all used to make similar setups?
    I have built a new 30 Hl dual kettle Brewhouse with a system from Montreal, a company called IAI-Inox. They make equipment for dairy and pharmaceutical industries as well and their fabrication and components are top quality. I developed the design with their engineers so they can go on to make other breweries.

You can get in touch with the project manager, Serge Pellerin at sergep@iai-inox.com

I also looked at Specific Mechanical in Victoria BC. They make good equipment. Similar to DME they get some fabrication done offshore but manage the quality well.

In the end I chose Inox because of their high quality and close location for me in the same time zone, and because they allowed me to design the system to get it how i wanted. It works really well and i am happy with the equipment.

Options for NSI/DME?

Check out www.crubrewingsystems.com These guys are a spin off from Newlands. They've got a bunch of the talent and a lot of the knowledge, especially now with DME's receivership. They're worth checking out.

For a serious size brewery, what was said above plus also look at QTS - a spin-off of Sprinkman. With Krones acquisition of Sprinkman, they are probably the no1 in the US now IMHO.

Id also consider the Germans for a fully automated 50bbl. That's really their territory.
    https://braukon.de/en/breweries/
    http://www.kaspar-schulz.de/en/produ...to-300-hl.html

PS- insist on Siemens automation, my brother needs to keep his job-
    PSS - if they do get one of those sexy German machines, ill run it for them. :-)
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Invest soundly. Feel secure. Choose Specific.

Hey All, the craft brewing industry has experienced a week filled with surprise, questions and even uncertainty regarding the status of brewery equipment manufacturers. I wanted to let you know that Specific Mechanical Systems is here for you. With a management team focused on strong fiscal policy and ensuring the success of our customers, our business has never been better.

Our SpecBrew Automation is top shelf automation - comprehensive and easy to use. A 50 BBL 4 vessel automated system is right in our wheelhouse and we'd love to offer you a proposal and some references of current users. If you'd like to chat, please give me a shout.

Chad MacIsaac
    Sales & Marketing Manager, Specific Mechanical Systems
    250 652 2111 EXT 275
    chad.macisaac@specific.net