Alternatives to NSI/DME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to NSI/DME

So with the news of DME's troubles, it seems equipment from them is off the table as an option from new brewing facilities. I have assisted in the building of 3 new facilities all with NSI equipment. The guy I worked under preferred the equipment. Anyway, I am helping someone else on a build. They too wanted NSI equipment. Now they need to find an alternative. The NSI system was going to be fully automated 50 bbl brewhouse with separate mash mixer, LT, kettle, and whirlpool. All steam. What other manufacturers have you all used to make similar setups?

You can look at Craftwerks, Premier, JV Northwest and Specific.

I have worked with all of them and they all make very reliable gear.

Comment

Sprinkmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thirsty_Monk View Post
        Sprinkmen.
        Just purchased by Krones
        krones completes acquisition of wm sprinkman corporation

Comment

Originally posted by bburton359 View Post
          So with the news of DME's troubles, it seems equipment from them is off the table as an option from new brewing facilities. I have assisted in the building of 3 new facilities all with NSI equipment. The guy I worked under preferred the equipment. Anyway, I am helping someone else on a build. They too wanted NSI equipment. Now they need to find an alternative. The NSI system was going to be fully automated 50 bbl brewhouse with separate mash mixer, LT, kettle, and whirlpool. All steam. What other manufacturers have you all used to make similar setups?
          I have built a new 30 Hl dual kettle Brewhouse with a system from Montreal, a company called IAI-Inox. They make equipment for dairy and pharmaceutical industries as well and their fabrication and components are top quality. I developed the design with their engineers so they can go on to make other breweries.

You can get in touch with the project manager, Serge Pellerin at sergep@iai-inox.com

I also looked at Specific Mechanical in Victoria BC. They make good equipment. Similar to DME they get some fabrication done offshore but manage the quality well.

In the end I chose Inox because of their high quality and close location for me in the same time zone, and because they allowed me to design the system to get it how i wanted. It works really well and i am happy with the equipment.

Comment

Options for NSI/DME?

Check out www.crubrewingsystems.com These guys are a spin off from Newlands. They've got a bunch of the talent and a lot of the knowledge, especially now with DME's receivership. They're worth checking out.

Comment

For a serious size brewery, what was said above plus also look at QTS - a spin-off of Sprinkman. With Krones acquisition of Sprinkman, they are probably the no1 in the US now IMHO.

Id also consider the Germans for a fully automated 50bbl. That's really their territory.
              Anhand von Beispielprojekten stellen wir Ihnen einige, von BrauKon entwickelte und produzierte, Gesamtbrauanlagen vor.

PS- insist on Siemens automation, my brother needs to keep his job-
              PSS - if they do get one of those sexy German machines, ill run it for them. :-)
              Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
              tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
              "Your results may vary"

Comment

tanks

Established in 1979
                Ripley Stainless is a strong, family owned purely Canadian company that is here to stay. CHOOSE LOCAL-GO CANADIAN. Ripley Stainless Ltd. would like to extend their hand for those affected by the unfortunate events that have unfolded over the last few weeks, and let you know that we are here for you. Ripley Stainless will continue to work hard to provide competitive pricing and high quality products. In an effort to assist those affected by the recent uncertainty, Ripley Stainless offers flexible payment terms and a current delivery timeline of 3-4 mos. Ripley's proudly maunfactures ALL of their tanks and brew system in Canada and are dedicated to doing our part to support our Canadian economy. Please call us today to see how we can help. #canadian #chooselocal

Wayne Ripley

wayne@ripleystainless.com
                1-250-494-9310 ext 103

Comment

Check out BrewFab

Originally posted by bburton359 View Post
                  BrewFab USA out of St. Pete FL. built and installed a 50BBL for Scofflaw Brewing this year. Their systems are made in the USA and very nicely priced. DM me and I'll shoot you over some pricing/info / specs.

Comment

Crawford Brewing Equipment

It's sad to hear what has happened with DME. We are here to help provide any quotes for any brewery looking. You can find us at www.Brewtanks.com

Comment

Cedarstone Industry

Very sad to see anyone go under in the industry. Im the national sales manager for Cedarstone Industry. We are a Houston, Texas based brewery equipment manufacturer. I'm writing to introduce myself and to see if there are any needs we can help with as you grow your business.

We have been providing superior quality products to Heineken, Anheuser-Busch, GEA, Tetra Pak, Coca-Cola, GE Pharmaceutical, and a long list of other commercial breweries, wineries, pharma, kambucha, sake and coffee companies over the last twenty years. We are capable of engineering, constructing, commissioning and servicing production lines in new plants or existing line upgrades. We do everything from tri-clamps to brewhouses and everything in between!

As an experienced brewer and owner (Blueprint Brewing - Harleysville, PA) I can also consult on your project and offer my services for all phases of your operation from brainstorming to filling those first (or more) glasses.

Please let me know if there's anything we can help with as you grow. You can see a lot more on us on our Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/cedarstoneindustry/
                      Cheers,
                      Cory McDonald

Comment

Working...
                      X