Vanilla Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla Options

we have used chopped up whole beans in the past, cold side with great results in stouts, takes a few days.
    looking for another option....

anyone have thoughts about the paste an/or powdered vanilla?

little different this time around, got 5 bbl or kettle sour that we want to do a little creamsicle thingee with, vanilla and orange.
    need something to come through and "cream" things up with being artificial tasting or overpowering.

We use double fold vanilla extract with great success in many different beers. 2 ounces per bbl gives good vanilla flavor. 3 ounces per bbl gives a vanilla forward flavor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Jon Sheldon
    Owner/Brewer/Chief Floor Mopper
    Bugnutty Brewing Company
    www.bugnutty.com

Comment

Check out Savory Spice shop.

Vanilla lovers, rejoice! 2X Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract is a double-strength vanilla that uses twice the amount of vanilla beans than are typically used in single-strength vanilla extract. Because it's a more concentrated vanilla extract, you'll only need to use half the amount of extract that the recipe calls for,

I use this in a orange creamsicle. Cream ale with orange and vanilla served on nitro. Pretty sure it’s around 35ml / keg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When you say 35ml/keg, are you talking sixtel, quarter or half barrel?

Originally posted by Crosley View Post
        Check out Savory Spice shop.

Vanilla lovers, rejoice! 2X Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract is a double-strength vanilla that uses twice the amount of vanilla beans than are typically used in single-strength vanilla extract. Because it's a more concentrated vanilla extract, you'll only need to use half the amount of extract that the recipe calls for,

I use this in a orange creamsicle. Cream ale with orange and vanilla served on nitro. Pretty sure it’s around 35ml / keg.

Comment

Originally posted by IdiomBrewingCo View Post
          When you say 35ml/keg, are you talking sixtel, quarter or half barrel?
          35mL per half bbl keg

Comment

Originally posted by ibrewforyou View Post
            we have used chopped up whole beans in the past,
            What was your bean/bbl ratio for a stout?
            Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
            tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
            "Your results may vary"

Comment

i've used 28 beans, roughly 1/4# i believe, in bright tank to impart a good vanilla taste to robust stouts.
              also have had luck with 4 beans per keg.
              kinda depends on base beer and what you're trying to achieve.
              i'll report back after i try some vanilla (product or beans) in this sour...

Comment

Vanilla options

Nielson Massey has a line of vanilla style purees and extracts. I used a one gallon jug of their Bourbon vanilla bean paste/puree in a 15 bbl batch and had a great flavor and perfect aroma for a stout.

Comment

best way to incorporate the paste?

Comment

Working...
                  X