Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unisource 4770 thermoplastic hose supplier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unisource 4770 thermoplastic hose supplier?

Any know of where to buy Unisource 4770 thermoplastic Co2 Transfer hose?
    Recommended by NuCo2 so I'm looking specifically for this, pricing vs copper.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Did you try Unisource?

Where will you be using this? Just asking as I've been using Rapidaire PEX/Al/PEX high-pressure line for larger lines (3/4"+) and O2-barrier PEX for smaller lines after the primary regulator. I would not use these before the primary regulator, or for transferring liquid CO2, but at secondary pressures, 80-125 psi, they work great and are well within performance parameters. Comparatively cheap, too.

I use the O2 barrier PEX because some of our lines sit for days without a draw. O2 can and will osmoze into CO2 lines without the barrier.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Its going outside to my bulk tanks so pex is no good.
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

PEX in a conduit is good for outside runs. Just keep direct sunlight off it, and pressure below 175 psi. For safety's sake, all our primary regs are set at about 125-150 psi, with secondaries at the points of use.

Looking at our bulk Dewars set-up, it's SS tubing from the Dewars outside to the vaporizer in my shop, then copper to the brewery, mostly because that was the way we plumbed the original brewery. All my new additions are PEX or PEX/Al/PEX.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X