Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for metered waste water ratios

Hello,
    As always, I'd like to start with a huge thank you to this brewing community for all of the help and advice, we have made a lot of progress thanks to you and this site!
    Where we are at: Tying to get this rural brewpub on septic up and running. The township doesn't have specific rules for our waste water ratios.
    It is not the water in that is the issue. It is the amount of water that our property can absorb. A lot of the water will be going with the side steaming of solids (yeast, tub, hops, and grain) farmers are willing to take the grain as a slurry as well to get even more water off site. We will have a mini wastewater treatment facility. We will be reusing the gray (more pure than the water coming in) for cleaning and also all toilets will be re plumbed to use this as well to offset the water out.
    Therefor, they want us to find three other breweries on septic that have some metered waste water numbers that we can use and examples. We are shooting for 5:1 wastewater to beer production.
    This sounds nuts? it is.
    Thanks again!
    Ian Leis
    Ward1BrewingCo.
    Ian Leis
    Brewer/ Owner
    Ward1BrewingCo.

THe BA's wastewater manual quotes a ratio of about 4:1 (water consumed to beer produced) - this means 3 volumes of waste for every volume of beer produced.

These, however, are based upon self reported numbers.

Somewhere between 5 and 10: 1 is much more realistic, however after my inquiries with various wastewater treatment companies.

We are assuming 7:1 for our wastewater treatment facilities at our new facility under development.

I know I did not answer your query.

Pax.

Liam
    Liam McKenna
    www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Originally posted by liammckenna View Post
      THe BA's wastewater manual quotes a ratio of about 4:1 (water consumed to beer produced) - this means 3 volumes of waste for every volume of beer produced.

These, however, are based upon self reported numbers.

Somewhere between 5 and 10: 1 is much more realistic, however after my inquiries with various wastewater treatment companies.

We are assuming 7:1 for our wastewater treatment facilities at our new facility under development.

I know I did not answer your query.

Pax.

Liam
      Thank you very much for this. We are slowly getting caught up. Looking like haulage may be in order to stsrt while we get the wwt facility figured out.
      Thanks, Ian Leis
      Ward1brewingCo
      Ian Leis
      Brewer/ Owner
      Ward1BrewingCo.

Comment

Working...
      X