3/4 HP line chiller in taproom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 HP line chiller in taproom

Hey, I tried this on another thread but no luck. We have a very small space and we are thinking of cooling our tanks with line chillers (2-3/4 HP with 2 pumps) Does anyone have experience with having these near the patrons? They would be 20 ft or so away and hidden among our tanks. Do you think the sound of them running will be too loud for folks to be able to enjoy a few beers?

They are pretty loud - there is a small pump running all the time and then the chiller comes on and off. I wouldn't recommend having them in the tasting room.
    Troy Robinson
    Quirk Brewing
    Walla Walla

Comment

Originally posted by ulmus View Post
      Hey, I tried this on another thread but no luck. We have a very small space and we are thinking of cooling our tanks with line chillers (2-3/4 HP with 2 pumps) Does anyone have experience with having these near the patrons? They would be 20 ft or so away and hidden among our tanks. Do you think the sound of them running will be too loud for folks to be able to enjoy a few beers?

I cooled a couple 7bbl FV's with one 3/4 HP line chiller from FOXX Equipment a couple years ago, this would've been no less that 7ft away from a table. Nobody complained about noise, but I always noticed it running. Be aware that these do throw some heat and you will notice it- especially in small spaces. But hey, the price is right. Right off the bat I'd recommend purchasing a backup motor and a pump just to have on hand. These line chillers weren't exactly meant for this sort of duty... think I got three years out of my motor, and four out of my procon.

My .02. FWIW.

Comment

Thank you both for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X