Plate and Frame Filter Techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sauce
    Yea, run a "ballast" line - either a hose from CIP to CIP or tubing from your gas inlet on both tanks......5 to 7 psi in both tanks seems to work...think this was discussed earlier in this thread or another on filtering
    I think you meant "balance Line" A connection between the two tanks, usually on the cip arms. 15psi is better, especially if in-line carbonating.
    I feel the secret to fast and high yield filters is to have as clear beer as possible to begin with. Good mash runoff (glutens), good trub separation (proteins), good flocculation and cropping practice (yeast), use of racking arms or standpipes in FV's.\
    Also- 2 bar pressure differential is on the high side for sheet filtration, defiantly time to back-flush. But at least with these filters you don't loose allot of beer when you do.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

how many pads

I was curious as to how many filter pads people are using? Right now I am using 17 (5-9 micron) pads to filter approximately 20 bbls in just under 2 hours. I keep thinking I could cut back on the number of pads I am using but don't just want to blindly remove some to the point of binding the machine up or drastically adding to my day.

Thanks,

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X