Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bru-r-ez and the white streaks (tank exterior.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bru-r-ez and the white streaks (tank exterior.)

we've all seen 'em. we all hate 'em. Any advice on getting rid of them?

Bar keepers friend and a wet organic scrubby (the organic kind so it doesn't change the Polish on the tank)

Comment

Originally posted by Junkyard View Post
      Bar keepers friend and a wet organic scrubby (the organic kind so it doesn't change the Polish on the tank)
      thanks junkyard, i'll give that a try. I've used it on sinks at home and noticed a bit of scratching.... have you seen this when you used it?

Comment

We've never noticed any scratching when used with the organic plant based scrubbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post
          we've all seen 'em. we all hate 'em. Any advice on getting rid of them?
          We had a chemical engineer come in and whip up some formula. I saw him test his product on the exterior of our brew house and it got our vessels super shiny. I haven't seen him again to ask what he made but he told me that the white streaks are due to bru r ez leaving behind sodium meta silicate "liquid glass".

Comment

Originally posted by kluparello View Post
            the white streaks are due to bru r ez leaving behind sodium meta silicate "liquid glass".
            This....save the metasilicates for inside the tanks where you will rinse well. I still prefer KOH or NaOH myself. I only use the metasilicates on Bev lines and aluminum myself.

Use acid brite #2 and a good foamer to clean the outside of your tanks....no scrubbie needed, unless you’re already excessively dirty. It’ll also keep a nice chromium-oxide later on the surface of the steel (passivation).

Comment

Working...
            X