Carbonating small amounts of beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbonating small amounts of beer

I have a 5bbl system and Brite tank. Our 1 yr anniversary is coming up in April & I have a barrel aged stout that I want to release for our 1 yr party. It is 25 gallons though. Will my Brite carbonate 25 gallons if the carb stone is not submerged in the beer? Any tips?
    Thanks

it will but very slowly, and only buy head pressure. I would recommend splitting it into 2 half bbl kegs and force carb in the home brew style. Shake the shit outta it! also if you fine your beers, fine it on transfer to the kegs and plan to either blow a few pints of pudding out of your tap or rack it to a clean keg after blowing some sediment off.

Comment

I have done that plenty of times with the Homebrew style of carbonating kegs. I might try it with head pressure in my bright tank just because I don't have any beer going out to our distributor for another month and a half so that's plenty of time.

Comment

You could also set up your carb stone on the racking arm on the BBT. We do this for small batches by adding a sight glass and a T to the racking arm to make it long enough to fit the carb stone. Not sure if your racking arm would even be submerged with that small of a volume, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

put the carb stone in line with a triclamp tee and other fitting as needed. transfer the beer through it into a keg.
          - keep the head pressure in the receiving keg above the equilibrium pressure on your zahm chart.
          - set the pressure in the sending tank higher than the receiving tank so it will flow.
          - set the pressure on the carb stone at the same pressure or higher than the sending tank.
          - throttle the carb gas to the stone with a needle valve so it does not push back into sending keg.

maybe try it out on water of a less valuable beer before your special beer.
          Last edited by beerme; 01-02-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X