Programming a Brewmation Basic Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming a Brewmation Basic Controller

We have just received a new 2bbl Stout brew system from Brewmation which is controlled with the basic Brewmation controller, The control utilizes 3 LOVE PID temperature controls which we are unsure how to program to utilize the system to the fullest. There was a basic manual shipped with the control which does not explain how to program.
    Are there others using this system? Can anyone provide programming information?

Would really like to start brewing with the new system.

Hello,

The basic panel should not require any programming. The only thing you need to do is enter a set point for the temperature and you are good to go.

If you are having issues please contact our technical support team at 845-765-8395 or go to our website here ( http://www.brewmation.com/contact.cfm ) and send us a message.
    We will get right back to you and get you going.

Cheers!
    Kevin

Kevin Weaver
    President, Brewmation Incorporated

Comment

Thanks for the response Kevin

We will give that a try and contact tech support if needed.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Brewmation View Post
        Hello,

The basic panel should not require any programming. The only thing you need to do is enter a set point for the temperature and you are good to go.

If you are having issues please contact our technical support team at 845-765-8395 or go to our website here ( http://www.brewmation.com/contact.cfm ) and send us a message.
        We will get right back to you and get you going.

Cheers!
        Kevin

Kevin Weaver
        President, Brewmation Incorporated
        How does it control a steady boil? Most pid based systems use manual duty cycle mode for the actual boil to get a smooth consistent boil and to be able to dial in your boil off rate.. in PID mode it would either have to be full on by setting the pid to 213 or higher or the boil would constantly be starting and stopping unless this works differently than other pids? I see there is another thread here asking about percentage rates during the boil and I assumed many 2-5 bbl systems are using your controllers so I thought they would also utilize the manual duty cycle mode for the boil.
        Last edited by augiedoggy; 01-08-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
          How does it control a steady boil? Most pid based systems use manual duty cycle mode for the actual boil to get a smooth consistent boil and to be able to dial in your boil off rate.. in PID mode it would either have to be full on by setting the pid to 213 or higher or the boil would constantly be starting and stopping unless this works differently than other pids? I see there is another thread here asking about percentage rates during the boil and I assumed many 2-5 bbl systems are using your controllers so I thought they would also utilize the manual duty cycle mode for the boil.
          Hi,

Brewmation basic controls come with a potentiometer to allow for a 0-100% heat output setting. Just as you explained the brew kettle temperature needs to be set above the boil temperature and the potentiometer is dialed in to control the intensity of the boil. We recommend aiming for an 8% evaporation rate.

Cheers,
          Tyler
          Sales and Technical Support
          Stout Tanks and Kettles
          Cheers,
          Tyler
          Sales and Technical Brewing Support
          Stout Tanks and Kettles
          www.StoutTanks.com

Comment

Originally posted by TyleratStout View Post
            Hi,

Brewmation basic controls come with a potentiometer to allow for a 0-100% heat output setting. Just as you explained the brew kettle temperature needs to be set above the boil temperature and the potentiometer is dialed in to control the intensity of the boil. We recommend aiming for an 8% evaporation rate.

Cheers,
            Tyler
            Sales and Technical Support
            Stout Tanks and Kettles
            Understood, so its using a duty cycle or ssvr relays to control output similiar to the manual duty cycle mode on a pid controller with the manual option build in would but the knob control makes it more convenient for the operator.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
            X