24V Temperature Controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24V Temperature Controller?

I need help finding a temperature controller. We purchased a 24V solenoid valve from GW Kent, and a 24V Johnson controller from them as well. Turns out, the solenoid valve is 24VDC and the controller is 24VAC. So far I haven't had any luck talking to someone from GW Kent with any technical knowledge. Can anyone point me to a controller that will work with the 24VDC solenoid?

Google Fuji temp controllers. There will be version that works in the PXR4 series controllers.

Comment

You can also replace the coil on the solenoid for an AC one. AC is a bit better for solenoids, less heat generated.

Comment

You can use one of these. http://www.craftbrewcontrol.com/cellarstar.html

we keep them in stock, $130 includes the sensor. if you want a better valve, we stock brass actuated ball valves for $105. I can send you a data sheet if you are interested.
        Dwight Kelly
        ControlTec, Inc.
        Dwight Kelly
        (724) 746-1901
        info@craftbrewcontrol.com
        www.craftbrewcontrol.com

Comment

Originally posted by jebzter View Post
          You can also replace the coil on the solenoid for an AC one. AC is a bit better for solenoids, less heat generated.
          This sounds like the best option for this situation. I've found a few options on google for less that $10.

Comment

The output relay contacts on your temperature controller don't care if it's AC or DC. You just need a 24VAC power supply.

Or, as recommended above, swap out the coil AND CORE for an AC set. The solenoid core MUST also be for AC use, unless you like loud buzzing noises and early failure.

I'd also recommend tossing the GWK solenoid and spending a few bucks for an ASCO Red Hat solenoid. Easy to get parts for and clean/repair.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
            X