Looking for new opportunity; Richmond, Va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new opportunity; Richmond, Va

I have posted into this forum to help seek out a new opportunity into the brewing industry. This past fall I completed the Beer Brewer Professional Certificate Program at the University of Richmond; as I have a strong desire to take my education and professional experience and transition into a brewing production position with interest in all aspects including cellaring and packaging. The final stage of our program was to complete an internship which I was fortunate enough to be able to do at Alewerks in Williamsburg, Va. During that time there I was able to work in various parts of their operation including the brewing process, cleaning, packaging, lab/QC and other tasks. I do homebrew as often as time allows as a way to learn about different beer styles and making a career change within this discipline is a goal of mine.
    I currently work at the Williamsburg Winery and while I primarily am in a day to day management position at the tasting room, any given day can present many new challenges and opportunity with any aspect of our business.
    Professionally I have a very diverse background beginning with 6 years in the US Navy’s Nuclear Propulsion program in which I see many similarities with the engine room operations, heat transfer/fluid flow principles, safety and operations that I see when visiting various adult beverage production facilities. I then spent several years working in the semiconductor industry which gained me experience in a very fast paced, technical production environment. Over the last decade I have been working in some aspect of the adult beverage industry. My experience has been mostly related to the wine industry as a sommelier, sales person, buyer and manager.
    I believe that both my educational background and my work-related duties qualify me for consideration for a potential position in your production. If given the opportunity I look forward to discussing how my skills can be of value to your company. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Do you have an email address?

I am looking at starting a brewery in Yorktown.. Can I have your email or just shoot me an email please.

Michael Boucher
    cheekyelephantbrew@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
    X