Temp controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp controllers?

Hey guys, had a question about temp controls, currently we are planning to run Cool Fit Plus for our glycol plumbing. We are using their electric solenoid valves, and are not using a cellar control panel just yet. I was wondering what type of individual temp controllers we could wire up to these valves?

Check out Craft Brew Control
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

For individual controllers, I like the Fuji PX series.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
        For individual controllers, I like the Fuji PX series.
        I’ll second the preference for Fugi’s however there are cheaper and fancier options if going the relay controller/PID route. These would typically be installed in cellar control panels though (din mounting). I think OP is asking more about individual tank controllers such as a Johnson/Ranco style. The A419 is probably the most common I have seen although GW Kent makes a Chinese one I think, and I am pretty sure I got a bunch of Dwyer controlers from one of my old DME installs.

The main advantage to individual controllers over a cellar panel is avoiding simple mistakes such as crashing the wrong tank, D-rest the wrong tank, etc. I would still suggest you go the cellar panel route. In the end it’s not much more costly and it’s easy to expand down the line. Having all your data/control points in one place is nice.

Comment

We've worked with fermenters using the Johnson/Ranco controllers. They do not provide a fine enough temperature control for optimal fermentation. I use them extensively for things like water heating, but not for a ferm. A PID controller--like the Fujis--will keep your temps well within desired limits.

Moist PID controller are DIN mounting, but enclosures can be bought to use them individually or as a cellar panel.

Our brewers are wishing for an upgrade to something they can access from cell phones, but that would require replacing our entire system and might allow others to access the brewery controls.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Terminal Gravity Brewing,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
          X