Food Truck Rental Rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Truck Rental Rates?

We're transitioning from rotating food trucks to a permanent food truck in the near future. We've never charged food trucks for the space before, but this truck is also delivering food to the surrounding neighborhood 7 days a week. Rental seems appropriate for the situation. Does anyone have methods for calculating the value of a parking space? Anyone willing to share what they charge, if at all?

Depends how much they're making

Originally posted by 4thTapStecker View Post
    We're transitioning from rotating food trucks to a permanent food truck in the near future. We've never charged food trucks for the space before, but this truck is also delivering food to the surrounding neighborhood 7 days a week. Rental seems appropriate for the situation. Does anyone have methods for calculating the value of a parking space? Anyone willing to share what they charge, if at all?

I've never charged anything for our food trucks any time we've had them come out, though that is only sporadically.

I would talk to your food truck owner to be honest. They may be interested in a percentage share rather than flat fee. That being said, I wouldn't want to charge them anything unless they are actually putting a ton of business through the truck. Margins are tight on those trucks, which is why if you want to charge something, it may be more feasible for them to split profits 80/20 with you or something to use the space that way you share in the low and highs of the week.

I dunno, just a thought!
    Last edited by quijiba; 02-12-2019, 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

I'm in the process of opening a small brewery. It's part of a larger development that includes a local coffee shop, coop office building and a small food truck court. This summer, because the brewery is not open yet, I charged a minimal fee. I had some cost in infrastructure improvements (brought in picnic tables, created a patio area, ran electric with separate meters for each truck, etc) so I charged a move-in fee as well as a monthly fee. I charged $500 to move in and $200/month plus they pay their own electric.

The food truck operators loved it, loved not having to move around, loved having electric rather than generators, etc. They've been very busy even without the brewery open yet, and it's generated a ton of interest for the brewery...all in all, very mutually beneficial. Next year, the brewery will be open and we're doing a lot of events like farmer's markets, music, movie nights, etc. I plan to charge at least $400/month next year. My guess is, it's still cheap rent compared to moving every day, maintaining the generator, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X