Header and Pump Size Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header and Pump Size Question

Hi All. Have a Rite-Temp chiller with a 1hp pump and 1" inlet and outlet pipe. I want to run a 1.5"-2" header. Is it possible for me to use a reducer to give me what I want or is that going to throw my system out of whack? Any advice or guidance would be helpful. Thanks!

Yes, you can do that.

If your piping is higher than the chiller it will overflow the chiller's glycol reservoir unless there is something installed to prevent backflow. The larger the header the more will bloosh on the floor. But it is a problem regardless of header size.

Jeff
    Originally posted by INOXBREW View Post
    Hi All. Have a Rite-Temp chiller with a 1hp pump and 1" inlet and outlet pipe. I want to run a 1.5"-2" header. Is it possible for me to use a reducer to give me what I want or is that going to throw my system out of whack? Any advice or guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Johnson Thermal Systems
    sales@johnsonthermal.com
    Johnsonthermal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson_Thermal View Post
      Yes, you can do that.

If your piping is higher than the chiller it will overflow the chiller's glycol reservoir unless there is something installed to prevent backflow. The larger the header the more will bloosh on the floor. But it is a problem regardless of header size.

Jeff

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the information. I will go ahead and make sure I have a backflow preventer installed.

Comment

Working...
      X