wash down mixing station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wash down mixing station

OK call me cheap but can you not build a wash down mixing station cheaper then they are selling them for? The water will be used pre-fermentation so you should be able to get away with brass or copper right? uh oh I probably started something there . Does any one have any info on building a mixing station or have built one yourself? It looks like a manifold with some check valves on the inlet side and a thermocouple on the exit is all you need. Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-21 027 GAI Stack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	191866

You got it. Not really sure how much cheaper it is to make your own. Depends on how you value your time, I guess.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
      [ATTACH]64180[/ATTACH]

You got it. Not really sure how much cheaper it is to make your own. Depends on how you value your time, I guess.
      Now that's what I'm talkin bout!! Just need to get my parts list together now. thanks

Comment

One more suggestion: Use union-style valves and eliminate the unions I used there. Union valves are made in three pieces held together with four bolts. It's easy to remove the core of the valve when it starts leaking--which it will. The brass/copper unions like I used are only good for a couple of uses, then they start leaking, too.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X