No announcement yet.

5bbl brewery hose size: 1in or 1.5 in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5bbl brewery hose size: 1in or 1.5 in?

Guys, I'm installing a 5bbl brewery with 3-piece brew house, 3 FV and 2 BBT. I'm going to have a 1HP CPE pump along with 1-2 nano pumps. The small pumps are for wort recirculation while the large pump is for transfer and CIP. What works best for hose size, 1in or 1.5in? I believe it is important to use a diameter that is close to the size of your pump inlet at least on the inlet side. I think I'll have both hot side and cold side hose and maybe use vintners hose on the cold side since it is clear. Any suggestions?

Either is fine.

Either size will work, so I'd buy the cheaper, smaller hose. And don't get hot/cold hoses. You'll invariably need the opposite of what you can spare. Get every hose rated for every duty. I use 1" clear vintner's hose in my cidery, but don't use very hot caustics.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

My vote is for the one inch. Way way easier to work with. You don’t need 1.5 for that size brewery in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

My vote is 1 inch as well. I like the red extremeflex beverage hose for ease of use, and I prefer 1 inch braided silicone even more for ease of use and inert properties.

Comment

one inch all day

I'd use one inch on a 10BBL !! better for your back. you likely don't need 1.5 at all....
            Larry Horwitz

Comment

Thanks everyone! One inch it will be and yes, my back thanks you.

Comment

1 inch. It takes me less than 3 minutes to fill a 4bbl tank with my transfer pump.

Comment

Working...
                X