Decent quality and affordable keg scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent quality and affordable keg scale

We keep track of our inventory by keg fills (we don't have a brite tank) and would like a way to quantify exactly how much beer we are getting into those shortfills. Anybody have any suggestions?

I use this one from uline for most everything around the brewery. Works great for around $150.
    Nonslip steel platform has low-profile design. Detachable table or wall mount indicator has 9 ft. cord. Tare indicator. LB/KG convertible. AC adapter included. Operates on 9V Battery (not included).ULINE offers over 41,000 boxes, plastic poly bags, mailing tubes, warehouse supplies and bubble wrap for your storage, packaging, or shipping supplies.

Comment

So I see the base is only 12" x 12" so it doesn't matter if the keg hangs off The edges? Also, it's only rated to 150#

Comment

The weight of just the beer in a 1/2bbl keg is approximately 130 lbs. So this scale works fine. Uline also has one that looks the same but is rated to 400lbs. I mostly use 1/6bbl kegs though. Place the empty keg on the scale, zero it out and fill. As for the footprint of a 1/2bbl keg, one could just place a sheet of plywood or metal underneath the empty keg before zeroing the scale out so the keg sits securely on the scale without tipping.

Also, here is a link to some calculations I found via the Google machine for determining the true volume of beer in a keg using sg and co2 volumes if you are interested.

In making the assumption that given the final gravity and physical weight of beer (or any liquid for that matter), that you can find the total quantity, what is the calculation necessary for determ...

Comment

Working...
        X