Thread: Got my TTB approval in what seems like record time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Got my TTB approval in what seems like record time

I got an email today from TTB notifying me that I had been approved. I had been looking online about every day the last month. I did not look yesterday which was Friday. But today, there it was. So I logged on and yep, the status had changed to Approved. So here is where it gets crazy: TTB records first show my application on 12/12/2018. So if I count the business days and delete Christmas, New Year's Day and President's Day, that was 59 days (if I counted correctly). Then I did a search and Google said the government shutdown was 35 days. So that means 24 days. I did use a "Beer Lawyer" to file my application and they have done quite a few. So maybe, that money was well spent.

We got our approval on Monday 3/11/19. We submitted our application for brewery and winery on 12/20/18, had a request for some corrections on 3/7/19 and by Monday the corrections were accepted and same day fully approved. They are definitely moving things along.

Cheers!

Applied on 12/6/2108 and received mine on 3/7/2019. Filled mine out on my own, and no corrections were needed. One 5 minute phone conversation and it was approved as we were speaking. I was surprised how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by AGB View Post
    I got an email today from TTB notifying me that I had been approved. I had been looking online about every day the last month. I did not look yesterday which was Friday. But today, there it was. So I logged on and yep, the status had changed to Approved. So here is where it gets crazy: TTB records first show my application on 12/12/2018. So if I count the business days and delete Christmas, New Year's Day and President's Day, that was 59 days (if I counted correctly). Then I did a search and Google said the government shutdown was 35 days. So that means 24 days. I did use a "Beer Lawyer" to file my application and they have done quite a few. So maybe, that money was well spent.

Encouraging to hear! I am going to work for a brewery that is waiting on TTB approval it's the biggest roadblock to starting to brew beer right now! hoping to hear good news soon!

Similar experience here. Submitted the beginning of Dec, 2018. Government shutdown 1 month, got approved mid-Feb 2019. Having the paperwork filled out properly with minimal corrections needed seemed to help us too.

Thumbs up One month from submission to approval

I don't know how the TTB got caught up on the backlog from the government shutdown, but they're doing an incredible job.
    I got my approval notice on Friday - one month to the day from completing the submission, and with no questions.

Very Streamline System

Yes I applied Feb 7 2019 and got the phone call on Friday April 5 for one change..Received approval on Monday April 8th..so less than 60 days! Incredibly helpful people! Now for the state!

TTB Times

Results vary, often depending on which reviewer you are working with. The posted average processing times are an AVERAGE, with outliers on both sides. Having a mostly clean application almost always results in faster processing times. Good luck!
    Dan Christopherson
    Christopherson Brew Law
    Littleton, CO 80128
    (720) 515-8773
    dan@brew.law
    brew.law