Thread: PBST GEO-3 Keg Washer

PBST GEO-3 Keg Washer

Looking for some help. We purchased a used PBST GEO-3 Keg washer here on Probrewer from a brewery in Las Vegas about 10 months ago. When we received it the crate was damaged and once we opened up the crate we noticed there were some wires that were snapped and the electrical box was basically busted open and a lot of wires disconnected. By the time we finished demo on our building and getting our production room up and running we realized that if we were going to open our taproom(in a few months) we were going to need this keg washer up and running. Currently we have been canning and having retail sales every Thursday and Saturday. But the plan all along is to open up the taproom and having pours.

Needless to say, I had a friend who was able to fix all the snapped wires and we pretty much have everything ready to go. The one issue we have is in the electrical box we have 4 or 5 wires we are just not sure where they connect. Its literally the last thing holding us back from starting this thing up.

I reached out to PBST, and they told me I would have to purchase their service program for $1000, which I thought was ridiculous. I reached out to the brewery we bought it from and haven't heard anything back. Also reached out to a local brewery that is selling one to see if they could give me any info and again, no response.

Does anyone out there in Probrewer land have the schematics or the electrical layout(wiring) or any other info for this Keg washer so I can get these wires into the correct spots to get this working?

Anything would be appreciated. mark@2weeksbeer.com

Thanks!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MAvery View Post
    Looking for some help. We purchased a used PBST GEO-3 Keg washer here on Probrewer from a brewery in Las Vegas about 10 months ago. When we received it the crate was damaged and once we opened up the crate we noticed there were some wires that were snapped and the electrical box was basically busted open and a lot of wires disconnected. By the time we finished demo on our building and getting our production room up and running we realized that if we were going to open our taproom(in a few months) we were going to need this keg washer up and running. Currently we have been canning and having retail sales every Thursday and Saturday. But the plan all along is to open up the taproom and having pours.

Needless to say, I had a friend who was able to fix all the snapped wires and we pretty much have everything ready to go. The one issue we have is in the electrical box we have 4 or 5 wires we are just not sure where they connect. Its literally the last thing holding us back from starting this thing up.

I reached out to PBST, and they told me I would have to purchase their service program for $1000, which I thought was ridiculous. I reached out to the brewery we bought it from and haven't heard anything back. Also reached out to a local brewery that is selling one to see if they could give me any info and again, no response.

Does anyone out there in Probrewer land have the schematics or the electrical layout(wiring) or any other info for this Keg washer so I can get these wires into the correct spots to get this working?

Anything would be appreciated. mark@2weeksbeer.com

Thanks!
    Mark
    Mark,
    You can purchase a used keg washer made by us to save money; there is nothing wrong with that. But it is not reasonable to ask for FREE support, FREE resource from pbst, and label it "rediculous" after offered to purchase service contract from us; the price could be high for you, but why would it be rediculous? And what you are asking is proprirtory infomation. If you have a iphone, you would expect to call apple to get the circuit diagram for it? But, out of being a good member of brewery community, pbst is willing to offer you, please read your private email.
    regards;

eason

no thanks

Well, I now know where I won't be buying a keg washer. Thanks for the honesty at least....
    Larry Horwitz

Mark, you might poke around for a controls or HVAC guy in your area, I'm sure the visit will be less than $1000 and then you can dump that thing and buy from someone else.

Ask me about our PBST experiences some time...

J