Thread: Crowler source?

Crowler source?

Anyone use American Canning, Mossberge or Augusta Label for Shrink-Sleeve crowlers? I just read Crowler Nation really didnt care that its liners were flaking off.

https://americancanning.com/products...nk-sleeved-can

http://www.augustalabel.com/shrink-sleeves/

https://mossbev.com/products/
    Last edited by Ted Briggs; 03-19-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

I just replied to that thread. They did eventually refund for the flaking cans, though it took some convincing. My understanding is that Oskar Blues manufactures all the cans anyway (i'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong) so you aren't going to get any differing product quality. Though the customer service may be better elsewhere.

Hi Ted, I think all crowlers are made by Ball Corp. We asked once about oil residue on the shoulders of the cans and Oskar blues referred to Ball. Ball replied and said it's fine and normal. Then after finding a better price we started sourcing our crowlers elsewhere. (They also buy from Ball) I'm thinking if Ball thinks it's ok to have flakey liners in their crowlers a different source may not help since all sources get their crowlers from Ball to my knowledge.

Thanks for the replies, but if anyone uses these other id like to hear about their price and service.
    "Your results may vary"

Ted I apologize because I don't have feedback related to your question, just another naive question. When you're looking at shrink wrapping crowlers, does the shrink wrap manufacturer have to do it at their site? Shrink wrapping crowlers isn't something you do in-house, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    Shrink wrapping crowlers isn't something you do in-house, is it?
    No - they act as a wholesaler for the cans, apply the shrinks with your design, and sell them to you.
    I went with Augusta and am pleased so far. initially bought 500 but then realized we we going though 75-100 a week, so I went with 2000 this time - ie. a pallet. That also dropped the price by 40%+. Only cons are 3 week+ lead time, and a few cans the shrinks arn't real tight to the can but still usable. Very nice look vs applying a label yourself.
    "Your results may vary"