Crowler source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowler source?

Anyone use American Canning, Mossberge or Augusta Label for Shrink-Sleeve crowlers? I just read Crowler Nation really didnt care that its liners were flaking off.

We created American Canning to help beverage makers share their craft in cans. Affordable pricing, low MOQs, online ordering & quick lead times. Blank aluminum cans, custom label cans, ends/lids, PakTech plastic handles, case trays; rotary in-feed machine, can handle applicator; Wild Goose upgrades; mobile canning.

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][heading]Shrink Sleeve Labeled Cans[/heading][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]The Benefits of Shrink Sleeve Labeled Cans: The full body design allows for more creativity with graphics. High quality graphics create a high-end look and feel, which adds value to the product. The sleeve film is durable, scratch resistant and waterproof. Eliminates custom printed containers. Shrink sleeve material seamlessly… Read more
    Last edited by Ted Briggs; 03-19-2019, 04:25 PM.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

I just replied to that thread. They did eventually refund for the flaking cans, though it took some convincing. My understanding is that Oskar Blues manufactures all the cans anyway (i'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong) so you aren't going to get any differing product quality. Though the customer service may be better elsewhere.

Comment

Hi Ted, I think all crowlers are made by Ball Corp. We asked once about oil residue on the shoulders of the cans and Oskar blues referred to Ball. Ball replied and said it's fine and normal. Then after finding a better price we started sourcing our crowlers elsewhere. (They also buy from Ball) I'm thinking if Ball thinks it's ok to have flakey liners in their crowlers a different source may not help since all sources get their crowlers from Ball to my knowledge.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but if anyone uses these other id like to hear about their price and service.
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

Ted I apologize because I don't have feedback related to your question, just another naive question. When you're looking at shrink wrapping crowlers, does the shrink wrap manufacturer have to do it at their site? Shrink wrapping crowlers isn't something you do in-house, is it?
          Justin Smith

President & Business Development
          Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
          2549B Highway 16
          PO Box 406
          Ten Sleep, WY 82442
          tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
          www.tensleepbrewingco.com
          www.facebook.com/TSBCo

Comment

Originally posted by Coolhand View Post
            Shrink wrapping crowlers isn't something you do in-house, is it?
            No - they act as a wholesaler for the cans, apply the shrinks with your design, and sell them to you.
            I went with Augusta and am pleased so far. initially bought 500 but then realized we we going though 75-100 a week, so I went with 2000 this time - ie. a pallet. That also dropped the price by 40%+. Only cons are 3 week+ lead time, and a few cans the shrinks arn't real tight to the can but still usable. Very nice look vs applying a label yourself.
            "Your results may vary"

Comment

Crowler Nation is horrible

Just received a new pallet of shrink wrapped crowlers and each can has a ball water mark that is see through on the body of each can. They look pretty shoddy. When I inquired, Crowler nation said they complained to Ball and told them to do a lighter watermark print going forward. But they had so much on hand that they were going to continue to use them. But they never told nor gave a heads up to us when purchasing. So, because CN decided to accept the order from Ball, we as customers have to eat the mistake. They refused to do anything to help or correct the situation.

Would love to know if anyone is getting these from another source. I don't care to give my money to CN anymore.

- Mike

Comment

Working...
              X