Did anyone ask for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brewmaster 2011 View Post
    Don't forget glitter beer. Wasn't the Munich Reinheitsgebot supposed to keep some quality standard when it came to beer. Seems like we are trying to do and throw in everything possible to have the next it beer. I am a person who love traditional beers. I am not against some one brewing a Helles with Citra but brewing a beer with lemon zest and trying to tell the public that it is a helles is kinda stupid.
    The Reinheitsgebot died when east and west Germany underwent reunification. The east German breweries didn't have the means of complying with the Reinheitsgebot law without having to completely abandon the recipes they had developed over all their years under communist suppression and adandoning them ment having to develop new recipes which would have to compete against west German breweries which were already well established basically put the east German breweries out of business. Not to mention the west German breweries didn't want to be restricted by the Reinheitsgebot while the east German breweries would be allowed not to follow it. The political expedient solution they came up with was to do away with the Reinheitsgebot altogether. For better or worse and it's just my opinion for the worse, modern German beer is no long the standarded of quality in beer to strive for.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

And don't forget that the Reinheistgebot excluded an important ingredient: Yeast. Pasteur hadn't been born yet, not to mention discovered the cause of fermentation.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
      X