Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anybody made some DIY walk in doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody made some DIY walk in doors?

need to make some new doors for our cooler before the hvac gets here. box came with two man doors, but need something big enough for tanks to go in as well as pallets, etc. we have some leftover panels, so my plan was to cut them down to size, wrap the cut ends with some aluminum flashing to keep it somewhat sanitary, and then mount with some hinges we ordered from cooler parts.com.

the doors are about 8' tall, and the opening is a bit over 6' wide. the issue I am having is that I'm going to need to wrap some gasket material around the doors for insulation purposes and I haven't found any that look like they'll work. they all seem to be the kind that somehow fit into a groove or channel in the normal type doors. so if anybody as some recommendations on where to find those I'd greatly appreciate. I don't want to start cutting the doors until I know how much gap to leave for the gaskets. but the clock is ticking....

Look for "staple-on" gasket material. It has a fin under the main gasket that you staple to the wood.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

That sounds exactly like what we need. Ill see what i can find online.

Thanks

Comment

I bought some a year or two ago. If I get time today, I'll see if I can dig up my source.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Walkincoolerparts.com, of course!
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

WTF. Just bought the hinges from them, but didnt see that kind of seals. Ill take another look tomorrow. Thx

Comment

Not 100% sure that's where I got the gasket material. I recently bought a new latch from them, which might be why they were on my mind.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
              X