Spent grain containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent grain containers

Right now we are using 4 large pickle jar style drums for grain. As production will be ramping up soon and our farmer can always be on call we need more bins. We don’t have a forklift or pallet jack, just a box dolly, and the bin needs to be able to fit through the average size door way. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you might want to look into some heavy duty trash cans with wheels like the one they use for home trash pick up.

Comment

I found that Rubbermaid heavy duty trash cans are the best. Most of the other trash cans on the market do not last very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Lieb View Post
        I found that Rubbermaid heavy duty trash cans are the best. Most of the other trash cans on the market do not last very long.
        I'll second this. The Rubbermaid "Brute" cans are what we use.
        Dave Cowie
        Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
        Nevada City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by danefrank View Post
          Right now we are using 4 large pickle jar style drums for grain. As production will be ramping up soon and our farmer can always be on call we need more bins. We don’t have a forklift or pallet jack, just a box dolly, and the bin needs to be able to fit through the average size door way. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I use several heavy-grade plastic drums (about 50 gal cap) I scavenged from our local car wash. They were used to transport car wash soap. I just cut off the tops with a Sawz-All and load them onto a pallet moved with my pallet jack. Can also be moved individually with a hand truck. Easy-peasy Sorachi Ace squeezie!

Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
          X