Pineapple juice by the metric shit ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapple juice by the metric shit ton

pretty much says it all. need a TON of pineapple juice. 55gal drums. tote cubes. whatever.

anybody have any idea where i should look for this? hoping to get some leads before i go cold calling del monte and asking them to send a tanker from hawaii....

Originally posted by brain medicine View Post
    pretty much says it all. need a TON of pineapple juice. 55gal drums. tote cubes. whatever.

anybody have any idea where i should look for this? hoping to get some leads before i go cold calling del monte and asking them to send a tanker from hawaii....
    Is there no one in Mexico that produces it? I thought Mexico produced a lot. I'm assuming this is for your Baja brewery...I don't know if you have tariffs to deal with.

Mike

Comment

A concentrate is a form of substance which has had the majority of its base component removed. Typically, this will be the removal of water from a solution or suspension, such as the removal of water from fruit juice. Juice concentrates represent a single stated fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by rdcpro View Post
        Is there no one in Mexico that produces it? I thought Mexico produced a lot. I'm assuming this is for your Baja brewery...I don't know if you have tariffs to deal with.

Mike
        im not sure they do, I thought most of the production moved even further south to Central America. either way, the Tijuana operation is nano size, so they just buy actual pineapples and mash them up, since labor and materials are cheap. but this is for the new SF spot.... labor is expensive. and I'd have to use a broker to get it across the border. so bulk juice it is.

NICE. thanks. I wasn't even considering northwest. not sure why I didn't look there.

Comment

If you need a shit ton on the cheap, can receive it now, ready to rock etc...

Try these folk...nice peeps.

A leading supplier of natural fruit juice concentrates Frozen Fruit, Purees, Flavors, Essences, Tomato paste, and related products. Call us on 877-859-4861

Pax.

Liam
          Liam McKenna
          www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

I'm curious how whatever this is turns out. I'm so leery of anything to do with pineapple and alcohol. I did a pineapple and star anise infused brandy years ago at a bar I was working at, and it was undrinkable. Band aide flavors like nothing I've ever tasted in my entire life. Details and results please! I'd love a little positive association here, because pineapple is my absolute favorite fruit, and I'd never let it into my brewhouse at this point.

Comment

The few times ive played with it were fails. The flavor fermented out completely. Considering this stuff is concentrate, i might give it another go at home to see what happens. But my guess is same result.

So this use is for mixing with finished beer, don’t want to introduce the juice to yeast at all. All going to happen at the bar.

Comment

If you're going with concentrate, and you're going to mix it at point of sale, have you considered contacting Coca Cola? They have BIB set ups for bars using the standard bar gun. Probably not as cheap as you're looking for (and I'm not sure what the quality would be like), but it is something that would be very user-friendly and idiot-proof.

Comment

Working...
                X