Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempering water to acheive perfect strike temp

Hi,
    My brewery has outgrown my hot liquor tank and I am looking at installing instant gas hot water systems to supply the brewery. They will produce water at a set temperature of 75 deg C.
    What's the best way to adjust the temperature down to strike? Is anyone out there using tempering valves to achieve this? OR is everyone mixing with cold water at a specific ratio?
    Thanks for the help!
    Rob

We have a tap water line coming in to blend with our hot liquor. That way we bring the hot liquor temp down. We have a thermometer after the tap water inlet and can adjust the blend temp using a valve. Easy to monitor go temp at strike. Could you install an inlet and thermometer on to your hl 'in' line?

Comment

But if you are going to use this same system for sparging, you need the hot water temperature a bit hotter - probably around 82C to allow sufficient difference in temperature to be able to control the blending accurately to achieve say 78C
      dick

Comment

Originally posted by Rob christopher View Post
        Hi,
        My brewery has outgrown my hot liquor tank and I am looking at installing instant gas hot water systems to supply the brewery. They will produce water at a set temperature of 75 deg C.
        What's the best way to adjust the temperature down to strike? Is anyone out there using tempering valves to achieve this? OR is everyone mixing with cold water at a specific ratio?
        Thanks for the help!
        Rob
        I would consider plumbing the on demand water supply to your current HLT using a Warrick sensor for auto refill. I assume your HLT is plumbed to meet your CLT supply at a blending valve with a temp gauge for adjusting your strike water.

Comment

Thanks very much for the input. I think I will add a water line and valve as you recommend and manually adjust.

Cheers
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X