Recommendation high temp/pressure hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation high temp/pressure hose

Looking for any suggestions for a high temp and pressure hose for our kegging setup. We have the standard Gw Kent 5 port TC setup with FOBs. We currently use 1/2" high temp BPA free tubing from Foxx. Our water pressure is nearly 70 psi, and we use 185 insta hot water to sterilize everything. Had any issue where the outlet was closed before turning of the hot water supply which burst one of the hoses and burned the sh**t out of my stomach. Had been putting of trying to find an alternative. Looking for a high temp hose that can handle pressure and does not flavor taint. Probably doesn't exist.....

Cheers

It's spendy, but braided silicone is probably your best bet if you're using heat. I'd double check the operating pressure at those temps, though.

GWKent sells it, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

FWIW, we run a kegging manifold similar to what you described and have had no issues whatsoever with sanitizing everything with PAA prior to kegging. Are your kegs steam sterilized?

Cheers,
    Tom
    Last edited by BemidjiBrewing; 05-31-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BemidjiBrewing View Post
      It's spendy, but braided silicone is probably your best bet if you're using heat. I'd double check the operating pressure at those temps, though.

GWKent sells it, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

FWIW, we run a kegging manifold similar to what you described and have had no issues whatsoever with sanitizing everything with PAA prior to kegging. Are your kegs steam sterilized?

Cheers,
      Tom
      Ill check it out. The only reason we heat sterilize those is because sometimes a little beer gets between the hose and barb under the worm clamp...... but no kegs are PAA, I understand logic or lack of when the kegs are not steamed..... cheers

Comment

Ah, I see.

A lot of folks make this same decision - we fully disassemble any barb + clamp assembly everytime we use it. It really is the only way to ensure that it is clean and able to be sanitized prior to the next use. It certainly makes for a more tedious setup/teardown of the kegging manifold, but I sleep better at night because of it.

Comment

Hey, any of the rubber hoses from Ace Sanitary or RubberFab will work at these temps and pressure conditions. Braided silicone hoses would also work.

I would also recommend going to TC ends. It's easier to clean and keep clean and it's sanitary.
          M.G. Newell Corporation
          336.404.1375 cell
          sales@mgnewell.com

Comment

Working...
          X