My New Brewery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Brewery

Folks, I received my new 5bbl electric system from Sungood this week. First, the quality is outstanding. I have a 3-piece brew house (fully insulated), three unitanks (jacketed), 2 BBTs (jacketed), a heat exchanger, wort grant/hop back combo and even a small jacketed 60L fermenter. I also ordered a LOT of extra fittings, sight glasses, valves, triclamps, etc

Gavin is definitely a trustworthy guy. I can send him email anytime at night since there is a 12hr time difference and I usually have a reply within an hour. Even in the morning, I have emailed at 10 or 11am and still get a quick reply. Tonight, I sent a couple of emails and he replied very quickly and this is after I have received my equipment. A lot of people do not reply quite so quickly after they have your money. I have one small dent with some scratches on a unitank. He refunded some money for that. Overall, the packing inside the shipping container was very good. Everything was wrapped in plastic and that was wrapped with a shipping blanket. Everything was held firmly in place with wire. Fortunately for me, I had some large bolt cutters to make removing the wires easy.
    Last edited by AGB; 05-31-2019, 09:31 PM.

Hi again folks: Last night, nearly a month after taking delivery of my brewery from Sungood, I got an email from Gavin. He was looking at my facebook page and noticed something on my brew kettle. He is now sending me a new custom part to add some additional support to the 2" pipe at the bottom of my kettle. He also sent me replacement gaskets by courier after I found I was missing a couple. It is not often that a manufacturer sees something he does not like and takes action to correct it and I did even notice. His customer service before and after the sale is first class. I have never met him or spoken to him, only email. But when I send him an email, I know I'll have a reply within a couple of hours unless it is middle of the night in China. So far, I have only had to pay the 2.3% and no additional tariffs.

Comment

Good to know on the tariff thing... My dealings with Gavin were very positive too, The only thing that was a little unnerving for me was figuring out how to estimate my customs fees which wasnt so bad once I spoke with the customs broker Gavin suggested.
      We are going to be ordering unitanks and a better false bottom from them soon once we install our new doors and can fit them into the space..

Comment

Working...
      X