Where To Buy 500G Bricks Of Lallemand Yeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Buy 500G Bricks Of Lallemand Yeast

After going to Lallemand's web site and checking with their list of dealers, I'm having little luck in finding 500G bricks of their yeast at anything which looks like a wholesale brewer's cost. Country Malt Group is the closest I've gotten and their price seems a bit on the high side. I've used Nottingham for years in home-brew recipes and I've had to resort to buying sachets to ramp up to commercial scale which is stupid expensive but for a few of the beers we do, it's the only yeast that does exactly what I want. I've also used their Belle Saison with great results in the past and would love to get both in bricks.

Anyone have a good supplier?

Cheers!
    Colin

Um did you try calling or emailing? I’ve ordered direct from them for a while now and have been able to get Belle, Nottingham, BRY-97, Munich Classic, WildBrew and even the new Koln before it was fully available. They seemed like a quite reasonable price. It seems very odd that it would be cheaper to do 10g packets over 500gm from CMG, but I’ve seen stranger things.

My suggestion - call direct. You should be paying roughly $150 per 500gm depending on the strain. They don’t seem to charge shipping, the cost is inclusive, and they ship very quickly.

Comment

You can order direct, but it's the same price as through country malt. Even through country malt it will drop ship directly from lallemand, shipping included in the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In my experience it is actually cheaper to buy the packets from LD Carlson than to buy the 500 gram brick.

Comment

Koln Yeast

Originally posted by UnFermentable View Post
          Um did you try calling or emailing? I’ve ordered direct from them for a while now and have been able to get Belle, Nottingham, BRY-97, Munich Classic, WildBrew and even the new Koln before it was fully available. They seemed like a quite reasonable price. It seems very odd that it would be cheaper to do 10g packets over 500gm from CMG, but I’ve seen stranger things.

My suggestion - call direct. You should be paying roughly $150 per 500gm depending on the strain. They don’t seem to charge shipping, the cost is inclusive, and they ship very quickly.
          Kölsch is a staple in my recipes, how do you like the Koln yeast? I have used Wyeast's strain of it for years and love it but afraid to change it up when it's working, but I do like the convenience of dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu Dragonfly View Post
            After going to Lallemand's web site and checking with their list of dealers, I'm having little luck in finding 500G bricks of their yeast at anything which looks like a wholesale brewer's cost. Country Malt Group is the closest I've gotten and their price seems a bit on the high side. I've used Nottingham for years in home-brew recipes and I've had to resort to buying sachets to ramp up to commercial scale which is stupid expensive but for a few of the beers we do, it's the only yeast that does exactly what I want. I've also used their Belle Saison with great results in the past and would love to get both in bricks.

Anyone have a good supplier?

Cheers!
            Colin
            Hi Colin,

There are many ways to purchase a 500g brick of Lallemand brewing yeast. On the product page for any of our yeast strains, you can click on the Buy Now button to order via Amazon or direct order with Lallemand. If you prefer to order with a distributor, click on the Get Help button to find a distributor.

More distributor info here:

Prices should be similar between direct order, Amazon and distributors, so best to choose the option that is most convenient for you.

If you have any other questions about ordering, or any other technical issue you are welcome to contact me directly at brewing@lallemand.com

Hope that helps, cheers!
            Eric
            Lallemand is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of yeast, bacteria and specialty ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Lallemand Eric View Post
              Hi Colin,

There are many ways to purchase a 500g brick of Lallemand brewing yeast. On the product page for any of our yeast strains, you can click on the Buy Now button to order via Amazon or direct order with Lallemand. If you prefer to order with a distributor, click on the Get Help button to find a distributor.

More distributor info here:

Prices should be similar between direct order, Amazon and distributors, so best to choose the option that is most convenient for you.

If you have any other questions about ordering, or any other technical issue you are welcome to contact me directly at brewing@lallemand.com

Hope that helps, cheers!
              Eric
              Just some feedback on your pricing. As a dry yeast manufacturer, your prices are 2x to 3x that of fermentis dry yeast. I have used many fermentis yeast as one-offs, because I could not justify the liquid yeast price for a one-off. Your prices are still too steep for me to do so. I have found their yeasts to be pretty solid. But if your prices were less, I know I would use/try them. I expect others would too. I get that it is not just a matter of lowering them just because some brewer out there thinks you should, and that there is obviously cost constraints and considerations that go into your price point. I just hope you have carefully considered your price point as a part of your competition in this market. I would expect you would have much greater volume if your price was much farther below that of liquid. Again, not presuming to know squat about your cost structure, just letting you know why I don't pull the trigger on your product.
              Dave Cowie
              Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
              Nevada City, CA

Comment

Pricing

Originally posted by barleyfreak View Post
                Just some feedback on your pricing. As a dry yeast manufacturer, your prices are 2x to 3x that of fermentis dry yeast. I have used many fermentis yeast as one-offs, because I could not justify the liquid yeast price for a one-off. Your prices are still too steep for me to do so. I have found their yeasts to be pretty solid. But if your prices were less, I know I would use/try them. I expect others would too. I get that it is not just a matter of lowering them just because some brewer out there thinks you should, and that there is obviously cost constraints and considerations that go into your price point. I just hope you have carefully considered your price point as a part of your competition in this market. I would expect you would have much greater volume if your price was much farther below that of liquid. Again, not presuming to know squat about your cost structure, just letting you know why I don't pull the trigger on your product.
                Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comments, we understand that price is an important consideration for brewers. At Lallemand we invest heavily in R&D to extensively characterize our existing strains and to ensure the the highest quality product. Due to their high quality, all LalBrew Premium Brewing strains are suitable for re-pitching, which is not generally promoted by other dry yeast producers. We work hard to bring new and unique strains to the market such as the New England and Koln strains as well as the Sour Pitch bacteria strain in recent years. We also provide an unparalleled level of technical support for our products. We believe that the quality of our products and support justify the higher price, and even with this higher price the cost of yeast is still only a very small fraction of the total cost of the beer.
                Lallemand is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of yeast, bacteria and specialty ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by barleyfreak View Post
                  Very well said about the price of Lallemand dry yeast. Their higher price leads me to lean more toward spending a little more and just go with a liquid yeast pitch. Other dry yeast brands like Fermentis and Mauribrew however are priced low enough, and have a wide enough portfolio of dry yeast styles, to show me justifiable cost savings over going liquid.

Comment

I found that More Beer Professional has the best prices and has distribution on both coasts for faster delivery. They seem to have most if not all of their varieties in stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X