Contracting Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contracting Rates

Hello all, I need to pick the brains of anybody who has done contract work especially designing breweries for people. I have been building up some great experience over the last 7 years of brewing and I am looking to leave my current brewery to do nothing but brewery build outs and consulting. I am in the process of signing up for one big project with a general contractor where I will be paid a straight forward salary and get ownership. It will be awhile before we start that project but until then I have been given an opportunity to do the build out for a small brewery in an existing restaurant. They are wondering what my flat rate is going to be. I have no experience with this so any advice on what is normal to charge would be great. I already have a rough draft contract written up that will also cover the usual expenses like traveling costs, room and board, and etc. Also, any general advice about doing contracting work and build outs for other people would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Short term rates seem to be $75-$100 per hour.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhitehead787 View Post
      Hello all, I need to pick the brains of anybody who has done contract work especially designing breweries for people. I have been building up some great experience over the last 7 years of brewing and I am looking to leave my current brewery to do nothing but brewery build outs and consulting. I am in the process of signing up for one big project with a general contractor where I will be paid a straight forward salary and get ownership. It will be awhile before we start that project but until then I have been given an opportunity to do the build out for a small brewery in an existing restaurant. They are wondering what my flat rate is going to be. I have no experience with this so any advice on what is normal to charge would be great. I already have a rough draft contract written up that will also cover the usual expenses like traveling costs, room and board, and etc. Also, any general advice about doing contracting work and build outs for other people would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
      Hi jwhitehead787,
      Rates do seem to be all over the map. When I would consult, my rate was $55-$85/hour, two hour minimum depending on complexity, duration, and distance from me. I found it to be useful to have the contract provide very detailed parameters of what was to be covered in the consultation and, sometimes more importantly, what is not to be covered. This helped to maintain the focus of the session(s).
      Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Are such rates real now?

Comment

Originally posted by Carelessjohny View Post
          Are such rates real now?
          Careless Johnny,
          Pretty real with adjustment for inflation. My current rate is $90/hour.
          Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
          X