draft glycol trunk line vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draft glycol trunk line vendors

anybody know of any vendors besides micromatic that make and sell their trunk lines?

long story short, the guy I've bought my trunk line off of before has a source that is apparently in the Detroit area somewhere that makes trunk with Bev ex ultra, multicolor lines, pvc jacket, etc. way cheaper than anything I've found online anywhere. and now the dude has literally disappeared since the first week of July. no emails, phone, etc. just disappeared.

I need my trunk line ordered NOW.

so besides the micromatic, and the online resellers like kegco, Bev warehouse, etc. anybody know of manufacturers I can buy from? or someplace to get a decent price?

I've used trunks and chillers from Micro and Banner. I'd rate the chiller units from Micro slightly better than the Banner ones, but the trunks are pretty much the same.

If you're buying a glycol line chiller for your set-up, get one that's rated for about twice the line length you have. The cooling power of these units is highly exaggerated.

Always have at least one spare glycol circulation pump/motor unit on hand for a spare. When the pump and or motor goes gunny bag on the hottest day of the year (and they will), you can't wait for one to ship. These pump/motors run 24/7, and last about one or two years, max. I can swap one out in a few minutes--and have several times. Both Banner and Micro use the same Procon pump.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Foxx Equipment does all that.

They have branches in Kansas City and Denver.

https://foxxequipment.com/

Contact them for pricing.

Comment

im just looking for trunk line. nothing else. trying to get a good price as we have somewhere on the order of 300-325 feet of the stuff @10-12 product, so not an insignificant chunk of change.

Foxx has some decently priced line, but it doesn't have the pvc liner and extra insulation so its a bit apples to oranges.

Comment

Trunk line is a long-term investment. It's not something you'll be replacing every year, so get the best you can and save some cents elsewhere. I've used Banner and Micro and been happy with both.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Weve done 4 installations at different projects and there hasn’t been a performance difference between any of them. Why pay more?

Luckily our man resurfaced. Threw out his back and was off for a week. All is good. Order placed.

Comment

All good, then!

Any observations on durability, cleaning effectiveness, etc? Just curious why then there is a spread of pricing. Different tubing?

I'm up to three major trunk installs, where replacing the trunk would be a several day job, so reliability and durability are my concerns.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
              X