Sparge arm/ head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparge arm/ head

Can anyone recommend a good sparge arm or head? Right now we’re using a diy setup. Looking for something we can get better coverage with that can also be used for vorlauf. I know GW Kent makes one but haven’t seen many opinions on it.
    Sam Koelling
    Lead Brewer
    Karben4 Brewing
    Madison, WI

Originally posted by Scramarrr View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good sparge arm or head? Right now we’re using a diy setup. Looking for something we can get better coverage with that can also be used for vorlauf. I know GW Kent makes one but haven’t seen many opinions on it.
    Use a tri clamp “Y” piece then attach two of these: https://www.glaciertanks.com/tank-hy...-g150-015.html

When you want to vorlauf then take off the two sparge arms and vorlauf through the two open ends of the “Y”
    Last edited by Catfish002; 07-22-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

The pipe shown looks incredibly oversized (diameter) for a sparge arm. Is that really the sparge arm?
      dick

Comment

Sparge Arms in Stock

Hi Sam,

We have a variety of sparge arms in stock depending on the diameter of your mash tun.

Here are links for them:
        10"
        12"
        18"
        29"

Feel free to give us a call or email if you have any questions. 503-372-9580 Support@stouttanks.com
        Last edited by TyleratStout; 07-25-2019, 11:27 AM.
        Cheers,
        Tyler
        Sales and Technical Brewing Support
        Stout Tanks and Kettles
        www.StoutTanks.com

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
          The pipe shown looks incredibly oversized (diameter) for a sparge arm. Is that really the sparge arm?
          same arm that came with my 3bbl sungood setup. I thought this sort of thing was losing popularity since it oxgenates the sparge water vs a regular hose on the mashbed?

Comment

Water at sparge temperatures will pick up negligible amounts of oxygen so tradition spray arms are not a problem. Any cold water addition to control the temperature will introduce more oxygen than will be picked up in half a second falling to the top of the grain bed. If they were, people like Huppman, Krones etc wouldn't use them (I know they don't always use them nowadays, but oxidation of malt was considered a flavour problem to pale lager beers long before they started to change over to spreader plates, and where they have a large depth of water sat on the bed, unlike a traditional mash tun operation.
            dick

Comment

Working...
            X