Soda Carbonation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soda Carbonation

My wife and I just recently bought a small craft soda company. I am having some trouble with getting soda carbonated at a higher level. We have 200 gallon tanks that are older tanks. I had the co2 pressure on our first batch of root beer at roughly 32 pounds for 5 days and filled kegs, but pouring out of the kegs the carbonation is very minimal. The carbonation stone is 4 inches long in the tanks. I am thinking I may need a bigger stone and also that the tanks are not cold enough. I am though unsure of how to get the tanks cooler. Any advice on how to get more carbonation is super appreciated.

-Sam

Carbonation Guide

Originally posted by Shagrat View Post
    My wife and I just recently bought a small craft soda company. I am having some trouble with getting soda carbonated at a higher level. We have 200 gallon tanks that are older tanks. I had the co2 pressure on our first batch of root beer at roughly 32 pounds for 5 days and filled kegs, but pouring out of the kegs the carbonation is very minimal. The carbonation stone is 4 inches long in the tanks. I am thinking I may need a bigger stone and also that the tanks are not cold enough. I am though unsure of how to get the tanks cooler. Any advice on how to get more carbonation is super appreciated.

-Sam
    Hi Sam,

We have a handy guide that can hopefully help out with finding the correct balance for optimum carbonation levels.

Get the perfect carbonation with this guide! Crafting perfect carbonation begins with top-notch ingredients and equipment.

I hope this helps at least a little bit!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierTanks View Post
      Hi Sam,

We have a handy guide that can hopefully help out with finding the correct balance for optimum carbonation levels.

Get the perfect carbonation with this guide! Crafting perfect carbonation begins with top-notch ingredients and equipment.

I hope this helps at least a little bit!

Cheers
      Thanks!! That is Helpful!

Comment

Higher carbonation levels, especially for sodas (carbonation levels above 4 v/v), are harder to achieve because of the head pressures required. Looks like you are already at a high pressure with 32 psig. An easier way to do it is in-line or re-circulation methods. Of course, the temperatures play a crucial role.
        For your 200 gal. tanks, you should check out QuantiPerm's xFlowMini;

The full tank can be carbonated up to 5 v/v with almost 100% dissolution.
        Mechanical Engineer, QuantiPerm
        www.quantiperm.com

Comment

Working...
        X