stainless shank with 3/16 bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless shank with 3/16 bore

having a bit of a hard time with the google machine finding 6" long stainless shanks with a 3/16" bore. I can find plenty of 1/4" bore SS shanks, and plenty of plated brass ones with 3/16". Any one have a source that they could send me towards?

Just curious...

Why the specific need for exactly 3/16" bore? Don't see why that would matter in any draft system.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
      Why the specific need for exactly 3/16" bore? Don't see why that would matter in any draft system.
      I guess I was concerned about co2 brake out when going from a 3/16" choker to a 1/4" shank. But it is only 6 inches of shank. Is it really not that important? I've read many times about improper sized splicers and the like causing foam problems, and figured why not. But you are probably right. No need be too anal about it as long as the lines are properly balanced.
      Thanks!

Comment

I am running brass faucets for many years and I suspect that shanks on my Foxx equipment towers are needs too. I do not think you will have any issue with brass shanks.

Comment

There's a reason....

Everybody uses same draft equipment without issue. Don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Shanks are but one restriction in the line coming up the keg valve stem, through the coupler, into the beer line, shutoff valve, FOB, beer pump, trunk line, head pressure, etc. Reasonably small differences in line size will not impact draft pours. I've found that if I keep a keg at constant temperature and pressure, I can shorten the line considerably and still pour perfect pints even faster than with "perfectly balanced" lines. Things like uncooled towers or dirty lines seem to have much more of an impact on foam and waste. That said, if you use an acid-based cleaner for draft cleaning, then you might want to avoid brass in your system.
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

I just went through the same thing. There don't appear to be any 3/16" bore SS shanks.

I just used brass ones, as we have them in systems that are twenty years old and still working fine--even 'though the plating is long gone from the bores.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
              I just went through the same thing. There don't appear to be any 3/16" bore SS shanks.

I just used brass ones, as we have them in systems that are twenty years old and still working fine--even 'though the plating is long gone from the bores.
              found some.
              The BF HU-SSS6N stainless steel beer shank is 6-1/8" long measured from the end of the threading to the end where the faucet attaches. A shank is used to attach a beer line to a faucet. The stainless steel shank is mounted through a 1" hole in a wall, refrigerator door, cabinet, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X