Assembling an in-line pressure gauge for PEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembling an in-line pressure gauge for PEX

I'm going to use 3/4 PEX for my glycol lines and I'll use a pressure relief valve from McMaster. I see an abundance of push-lock tee fittings for PEX. but I don't see any with the 1/4 FNPT that a gauge needs. I see push-lock fittings that have little pressure gauges already installed but they go up to 150 or 200 psi and all I want is something like 0-30psi. The pre-assembled ones look like cheap gauges too. I guess I could buy one of those and replace the gauge with one that meets my criteria. How the heck to you assemble an in-line pressure gauge for PEX?

Originally posted by AGB View Post
    I'm going to use 3/4 PEX for my glycol lines and I'll use a pressure relief valve from McMaster. I see an abundance of push-lock tee fittings for PEX. but I don't see any with the 1/4 FNPT that a gauge needs. I see push-lock fittings that have little pressure gauges already installed but they go up to 150 or 200 psi and all I want is something like 0-30psi. The pre-assembled ones look like cheap gauges too. I guess I could buy one of those and replace the gauge with one that meets my criteria. How the heck to you assemble an in-line pressure gauge for PEX?
    PEX "T" to a PEX -1/4 FPT.

You may need to install an additional adapter to go from 3/8 FPT to 1/4 FPT

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190529_122821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	191932

Comment

Thanks. I actually searched for that but it was the 3/4 - 1/4 FPT I could not find. But now that I know I was on the right path, I'll keep looking.

Comment

Thanks. I actually searched for that but it was the 3/4 - 1/4 FPT I could not find. But now that I know I was on the right path, I'll keep looking.
        Do you have a Menards or other big box store? Go in and find what you need to adapt. Make sure to use a high quality grit free thread paste.

I purchased pre-insulated 3/4" PEX online. I went with the double insulated.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaOrchard View Post
          Do you have a Menards or other big box store? Go in and find what you need to adapt. Make sure to use a high quality grit free thread paste.

I purchased pre-insulated 3/4" PEX online. I went with the double insulated.
          I'm in the land of the Orange or Blue stores, no Menards.

Comment

By the way, did you use the push-to-connect PEX tees?

Comment

By the way, did you use the push-to-connect PEX tees?
              No way, don't use those. Invest in a nice PEX crimp tool. They are only about $100 for a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaOrchard View Post
                No way, don't use those. Invest in a nice PEX crimp tool. They are only about $100 for a good one.
                Thanks. I have one push fit connector and the rest are PEX barb fittings and Pexflow Oetiker clamps and a crimping tool.

Comment

Working...
                X