Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kegging water imparting metallic flavor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegging water imparting metallic flavor?

Hey guys, had a question about serving tap water through one of our taps. We are getting an off flavor when we serve flat water from a keg. The keg is cleaned (we opened it and inspected) as well as completely rinsed of sani after the cleaning process before filling with the water. Our tap water is carbon filtered and tastes really good when it comes from the faucet, but once it goes into the keg, it develops a flavor that is hard to describe...almost like a metallic flavor. We even tried a different keg and we are still picking up this flavor...any ideas? Thanks in advance

Iodophor?

Iodophor will leave a slight metallic taste when used without rinse. Even at recommended dosing.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
      Iodophor will leave a slight metallic taste when used without rinse. Even at recommended dosing.
      We are using paracetic acid as our sani rinse, its just odd that we are getting this flavor even after rinsing the keg before filling! Can PAA give off a similar flavor?

Comment

Are you pushing it with co2?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lilbeaver View Post
          Are you pushing it with co2?

Yes we are, I'm figuring its coming from the C02...only thing I can think of.

Comment

Yep, that's it I'd guarantee it! We did that, then switched to ro water with a tank, fills itself and we made it self serve for customers.

Comment

Originally posted by lilbeaver View Post
              Yep, that's it I'd guarantee it! We did that, then switched to ro water with a tank, fills itself and we made it self serve for customers.

Good to know! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X