Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Kegging water imparting metallic flavor?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Los Locos
    Posts
    10

    Kegging water imparting metallic flavor?

    Hey guys, had a question about serving tap water through one of our taps. We are getting an off flavor when we serve flat water from a keg. The keg is cleaned (we opened it and inspected) as well as completely rinsed of sani after the cleaning process before filling with the water. Our tap water is carbon filtered and tastes really good when it comes from the faucet, but once it goes into the keg, it develops a flavor that is hard to describe...almost like a metallic flavor. We even tried a different keg and we are still picking up this flavor...any ideas? Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Palau
    Posts
    2,024

    Iodophor?

    Iodophor will leave a slight metallic taste when used without rinse. Even at recommended dosing.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Los Locos
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by gitchegumee View Post
    Iodophor will leave a slight metallic taste when used without rinse. Even at recommended dosing.
    We are using paracetic acid as our sani rinse, its just odd that we are getting this flavor even after rinsing the keg before filling! Can PAA give off a similar flavor?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    15
    Are you pushing it with co2?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Los Locos
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbeaver View Post
    Are you pushing it with co2?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes we are, I'm figuring its coming from the C02...only thing I can think of.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    15
    Yep, that's it I'd guarantee it! We did that, then switched to ro water with a tank, fills itself and we made it self serve for customers.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Los Locos
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbeaver View Post
    Yep, that's it I'd guarantee it! We did that, then switched to ro water with a tank, fills itself and we made it self serve for customers.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Good to know! Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •