Wisconsin - 1-2 BBL Electric Brewery rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin - 1-2 BBL Electric Brewery rental

Hey All. This is Eric from Sheboygan Beer Company / 8th Street Ale Haus. We have a 1 BBL nat gas-fired system. We're having issues with our ventilation and make-up air system, so I have 2 questions for people in
    the Wisconsin area:

1. Does anyone recommend a good hood and ventilation company? I'm having a tough time tracking one down. I can find people to clean them, but not install or repair them.

2. Does anyone have an electric 1-2 BBL pilot system that we could rent for a month or 2 until we get our gas system back up and running? We've already been down for 10 days and we're going to run out of beer in a week or so. Let me know the type of set up and rental cost that you're thinking.

Edit: We have two 220v 50amp hook ups, but can't do 3 phase

Thanks!

e
    Last edited by erichansen; 08-22-2019, 10:57 AM.
    Eric Hansen
    Brewery Coordinator / Head Brewer
    8th Street Ale Haus, Sheboygan, WI

Any good HVAC company can fabricate and install make up and ventilation system for you.

With 1 BBL brewhouse would opening a window or door address the issue in short term?

To avoid running out of beer in your taproom you should get a couple of guest beers. It has to be WI based brewery.

Comment

You can't buy from a contract brew, but I can self distribute, and would be happy to sell a batch or two (appx. 6bll final yield) to you. It would be MBC beer but made to your specs. as "all your beer must be made on premises but you can buy beer from other Wis brewers." I Would expect you to buy the entire batch.
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. We're a brewpub, with lots of outside beers on tap. Getting more isn't a problem, I'd just like to keep our beers going because we have a core following that likes our beer. Plus one of our beers just won an award a few weeks ago, so it disappeared in a flash and I'd like to keep it on. Since we're a brewpub, it also means we have to brew and ferment on our permitted premise, we can't contract. I thought renting someone's 1 BBL pilot would be a quick stop gap. But the few brewers I've talked to directly are in the middle of brewing their fall and special event beers on their pilots. I think the numbers for the ventilation upgrade will probably point to us replacing our gas system with an electric one as it will solve multiple problems as once.

thanks

e
        Eric Hansen
        Brewery Coordinator / Head Brewer
        8th Street Ale Haus, Sheboygan, WI

Comment

Working...
        X