DIY ABV Calculator for Fruit Additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY ABV Calculator for Fruit Additions

Hey all, I got tired of fumbling around for a way to accurately adjust ABV after adding fruit to a beer, so put together a simple excel calculator to help calculate the adjusted ABV. It is based on the following formula:

Effective Brix/Plato = (Weight of beer x Brix/Plato of beer + Weight of fruit x Brix/Plato of fruit) / (Weight of beer + Weight of fruit)

This formula is thoroughly outlined in the post by The Mad Fermentationist here > http://www.themadfermentationist.com...s-alcohol.html

With a few simple values, it should accurately indicate the effective Plato after adding fruit, and calculate the adjusted final ABV. I would love it if some other people would be willing to try it out by inputting their confirmed data into the formula and see if the given info is accurate. If so, hopefully this simple tool can help others in the future. I'm unable to upload the excel sheet here, but I created a limited access version of the sheet available in google docs.

Sheet1 Fruit Puree,Brix Of Fruit OG (SG),Beer Volume Gal.,OG (P),Weight of Fruit Lbs,Brix of fruit,FG (P) Input Values >,1.044,264.00,11.0000,132.00,16,2.0 Weight of Beer Lbs,in kg 2301.4 Effective Plato of Beer 11.27 ABV Without Fruit 4.77 ABV With Fruit,25315.3296 4.91 11.27122616 Effective S...

Cheers!

-Tim Curran, Upper Pass Beer Company

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X