Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Canning Discussion For Nano and Brewpubs- 2019/2020

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosley View Post
    Pretty much all this summer. I eventually got it 90% figured out but still having major foaming issues on mine.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I have foaming on one product that has a high level of carbonation, but only when I try to fill cans from kegs. I am able to drop the temp to 35F from the uni-tank, but our walk in doesn't get cold enough. This is on Mead by the way.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tularosa, NM, Otero
    Posts
    5
    Pick your best recipe and get a bigger brewery to can it for you? The minimum I have heard of in NM is 10 bbl?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosley View Post
    I'm glad your experience was good with those guys.

    I've had the opposite of luck. Called 4 weeks in a row and the only response I got was "I don't know why it's doing that" Their solution was to give a contact for another brewery that has had luck with their product to call them. Overall I'm not 100% satisfied with that level of customer service.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    XpressFill endeavors to provide the best technical support possible to its customers. When dealing with issues that are not typical with our equipment, we often find that existing customers may be better able to relate to and identify specific in-field conditions that we may not be aware of. We will continue to work with any customer who is not 100% satisfied with our equipment.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by xpressfill View Post
    XpressFill endeavors to provide the best technical support possible to its customers. When dealing with issues that are not typical with our equipment, we often find that existing customers may be better able to relate to and identify specific in-field conditions that we may not be aware of. We will continue to work with any customer who is not 100% satisfied with our equipment.
    Don't want to ruffle too many feathers, however this is a cop-out. If you're going to build, market, and sell equipment like this, you better damn well know everything there is to know about the dynamics of filling. There are a few variables that come into play with filling, you should know them all and their effect, and you should also know them all enough so that you can have them take measurements and pictures to give you all the details so that you can figure out what is happening. You should also be cataloging every issue, its solution, as well as getting feedback from the units in use so that you can find out "best practices" for your equipment.

    If I had purchased from you and your response to service request was we don't know, ask someone else who uses it, I'd tell you to come pick your shit up and send back my money. You sell a product, stand by it and support it.

    End of rant

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    16
    So I just received my xpressfill xf2200 for open can filling. I ran a test on a beer we had in the brite tank, changing variables (line length and head pressure) until I minimized foaming and got the cans to the right fill level based on weight of can.

    The trick with this piece of equipment is balancing your system best you can while keeping the beer as cold as possible.

    Coming from the bottom of a 14bbl brite tank, I needed about 30 ft of 5/16" vinyl tubing and a head pressure of 5-6 PSI. A lower head pressure will cause the beer to "break out" and bubble in the tubing. Higher head pressure caused the beer to move just a little to fast and foam more in the can. Once i established that 5-6 PSI was the pressure needed to avoid "break out", i tested different lengths of tubing, adding 10ft at a time with splicers. 30ft seemed to do it. Beer was about 34F. Gonna try to get it colder when we run our first canning run. Needed to run about six cans to cool down the system and get consistently full cans.

    I will also say, I felt that the 3 seconds of CO2 purge time wasn't sufficient. I gave Xpressfill a call and got to speak to a person right away. He helped me adjust the CO2 purge time (it was super easy) and was very friendly and helpful when I was discussing the equipment with him.

    Hope this helps anyone who is trying to dial in this piece of equipment.

    Cheers,
    Bill

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Dunedin, FL 34698
    Posts
    1
    I am surprised someone does not make a simple robot for under $10k that is able to reliably can 1 can a minute without issues, 20 cases in an 8 hour shift... 20 years ago, kids were having robots stack blocks to spell words... surely we have advanced some since then...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC View Post
    I am surprised someone does not make a simple robot for under $10k that is able to reliably can 1 can a minute without issues, 20 cases in an 8 hour shift... 20 years ago, kids were having robots stack blocks to spell words... surely we have advanced some since then...
    I agree that we should have advanced a bit more by how but 1 can a minute???? Selling for $32 a six pack???

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Cimarron, NM
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut_Bill View Post
    So I just received my xpressfill xf2200 for open can filling. I ran a test on a beer we had in the brite tank, changing variables (line length and head pressure) until I minimized foaming and got the cans to the right fill level based on weight of can.

    The trick with this piece of equipment is balancing your system best you can while keeping the beer as cold as possible.

    Coming from the bottom of a 14bbl brite tank, I needed about 30 ft of 5/16" vinyl tubing and a head pressure of 5-6 PSI. A lower head pressure will cause the beer to "break out" and bubble in the tubing. Higher head pressure caused the beer to move just a little to fast and foam more in the can. Once i established that 5-6 PSI was the pressure needed to avoid "break out", i tested different lengths of tubing, adding 10ft at a time with splicers. 30ft seemed to do it. Beer was about 34F. Gonna try to get it colder when we run our first canning run. Needed to run about six cans to cool down the system and get consistently full cans.

    I will also say, I felt that the 3 seconds of CO2 purge time wasn't sufficient. I gave Xpressfill a call and got to speak to a person right away. He helped me adjust the CO2 purge time (it was super easy) and was very friendly and helpful when I was discussing the equipment with him.

    Hope this helps anyone who is trying to dial in this piece of equipment.

    Cheers,
    Bill
    Very good info Bill! Thank you for sharing. Different elevations will change the foaming dynamic, so your numbers might not work for everyone but they will get people into the ballpark. For canning from kegs, I'm going to put my kegs in a bucket with ice and rock salt to try and keep it as close to 30 as possible to help keep breakout down as well and keep my volumes of CO2 up. I always found when I used a beer gun to bottle with in my garage that chilling bottles first by putting ice in the sanitizer sink kept foaming at a reasonable level. Seems like going into a cold can wouldn't be a bad idea either.

    Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •