Forced fermentations not fully attenuating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced fermentations not fully attenuating

Looking to figure out what I am doing wrong? I started doing forced fermentations to determine the expected FG of our beers but for some reason they don't seem to fully attenuate. I have been using the White Labs method below. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Potentially ...

- beer in tank holds temperature or reaches a higher temperature somewhere in the column vs sample which is subjected to swings.
    - beer in tank is later dry hopped and experiences hop creep compared to wort taken post boil for sample.
    - beer in tank uses wet yeast from storage vs a 'bit' taken for forced ferm straight from another tank via another process and the usual cropping, consolidating and storage processes introduce contamination.
    - beer in sample is pitched with dry straight out the packet and the rest, hydrated or pitched becomes contaminated somewhere along the process.

The big one for me is hop creep.

Comment

I would also point towards Hop creep.

If you´re dry hopping and and you are running your fast ferments with pre-dryhopping wort you´re gonna have this issue. We had this issue and started running double fast ferments (pre and post dry hopping) to evaluate the effect of dry hopping in final attenuation.

Comment

Working...
      X