Thread: Experienced NC brewer looking for career in Barcelona, Spain

Experienced NC brewer looking for career in Barcelona, Spain

I have close to 6 years experience as a commercial brewer and I'm familiar with production on a 15 bbl scale with 6,000 bbls/year production. I have a bachelors in Ag&Environmental Science from NCSU which has given me a strong background with science and mathematics. Experienced with mixed culture fermentation, Barrel aging/blending, pilot brewing, and kettle souring. I'm an extremely hard worker that takes pride in the cleanliness of my brewing space as much as I pride myself in the beers I produce. 5+ years of forklift experience. Designed/produced Lenny Boy Brewing Co's #1 selling beer, "Citraphilia", in my first month of brewing there, and helped Lenny Boy transition from a one barrel brewhouse to a 10 barrel production scale with higher fermentation capacity. Lab experience with ph testing, oxygen testing, cell counting, hydrometer/refractomer testing, DMS testing, etc.

My fiance is in graduate school in Barcelona and plans to live in Spain where she has family. My hope is that my love for brewing will help me find a career in Spain so I can be with the one I love. I would be thrilled for the opportunity to bring my enthusiasm, experience, and american craft beer insight into Spain's beer market. I would have a temporary place to live in Barcelona with my fiance, making my transition easier. I would require a work/residence visa.

I've attached my resume in the google docs link below, and can send a cover letter as well upon request. Thank you for your time and consideration. Cheers!

Resume
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

sampfarnham@gmail.com
    (980) 280-6851 (cell, call/txt anytime)
    Last edited by SamuelFarnham; Today at 12:13 PM. Reason: updating cover letter

Look up Edge brewing

Hey Sam!

I recently saw that Edge brewing in Barcelona was hiring. It might be worth getting in touch with them. I wish you the best of luck on the journey to reunite with your wife.

Cheers from Canada,

Iain

Saw an job advertised

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelFarnham View Post
    I have close to 6 years experience as a commercial brewer and I'm familiar with production on a 15 bbl scale with 6,000 bbls/year production. I have a bachelors in Ag&Enviromental Science from NCSU which has given me a strong background with science and mathematics. Experienced with mixed culture fermentation, Barrel aging/blending, pilot brewing, and kettle souring. I'm an extremely hard worker that takes pride in the cleanliness of my brewing space as much as I pride myself in the beers I produce. 5+ years of forklift experience.

My fiance is in graduate school in Barcelona and plans to live in Spain where she has family. My hope is that my love for brewing will help me find a career in Spain so I can be with the one I love. I would be thrilled for the opportunity to bring my enthusiasm, experience, and american craft beer insight into Spain's beer market.

I've attached my resume in the google docs link below. Thank you for your time and
    consideration. Cheers!

Resume
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

sampfarnham@gmail.com
    (980) 280-6851 (cell, call/txt anytime)
    I just saw a post for a job in a brewing group I am on in Facebook for a brewing position in Barcelona. It is a exclusive group that you have to be invited into. I sent the guy who wrote the post a link to your post here via FB messenger.

Good luck in your search