Budget glycol loop pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget glycol loop pump

Looking for a decent quality glycol loop pump that doesn't break the bank. Need to be able to produce 15psi in a glycol loop. Any recommendations for a nano on a budget?

Originally posted by ldbrewco View Post
    Looking for a decent quality glycol loop pump that doesn't break the bank. Need to be able to produce 15psi in a glycol loop. Any recommendations for a nano on a budget?
    15psi in a glycol loop is not enough information to help. Good luck.

Comment

Need more information to size a pump

You need more information to size a pump.
      You need to know the complete duty requirements.
      How many tanks are you cooling?
      15psi would likely be the rating on jackets but you also need to know the design flow rates for each tank and pressure drop on the jackets.
      How long will the piping run be and what diameter, so you can calculate the line loss pressure drop.
      Are there other loads, like a wort chiller or a chiller on a canning line?

This information will help get you a pump that will work properly and not drive you nuts.
      Your CPE Systems Team!
      CPE Systems Inc.
      800-668-2268
      CPEsystems.com
      Thinkpumps.com
      sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Yeah, you need to provide a bit more info. I run three 5bbl jacketed FVs and two 5bbl jacketed BBTs on my loop. I used 3/4" PEX and a 2HP Penguin glycol chiller. I also use the pump from Foxx https://foxxequipment.com/search-pag...?keys=19C07101 . This is about $200 for the pump.

You will need solenoids and a lot of other FV/BBT connections in your loop that will impact the pressure. You will need a way to regulate the pressure too. I use this regulator from McMaster:

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

It installs at the end of you loop just before the return and after your last fermenter. You'll need a pressure gauge between the last tank on the loop and this regulator.

Edit: I just noticed this is a couple of months old. You've probably already solved this.
        Last edited by AGB; 01-10-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I have 4 110gallon plastic conicals with the stainless coils installed in the lid.

I use a single 3/4hp micromatic beerline chiller with the included pump. I have the cpvc manifold setup with a pressure bypass and use 4 12v solenoid valves to activate flow on whatever conical needs cooling. these valves are activated by a DP relay that also turns on the 120v pump whenever one or more valves are open. This little chiller has worked great for us and as I just mentioned in another thread, a week ago I cold crashed 93gallons of lager at 34 degrees while maintaining another at 50 and keeping yet a third beer at 67... the plastic conicals help over non insulated stainless and they conduct less heat. and hold the temps with less effort.
          This is a temporay setup we've been using for a year now while waiting on new unitanks we ordered to be delivered and renovations being done.

Comment

Working...
          X