X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Co2 hoses ?

Hello Brewers

I have a quick question.

Some beer migrated back from the FV into the CO2 hose through the carb stone.

What I think happen is - we have a single line from the Co2 supply with a "T" connector which distribute to both the carb stone to carbonate and the tap room to push beer from keg to tap - and the beer back-flowed from the FV into the hose when we were pouring pints.

I am trying to push the moisture out of the hose from with the Co2 pressure but I cannot get it all.

Is the moisture in the Co2 hose a potential source for infection?
    Should I take apart all the co2 lines and clean / sanitize them?

Thanks

Matt

Unsanitary moisture in CO2 lines definitely opens you up to potential infection, particularly pediococcus, pectinatus, and megasphaerae. All of our CO2 lines are connected to their regulators with 303 stainless industrial quick-disconnect hose couplings so that we can remove the hoses from the walls and clean and sanitize out-of-place bi-annually.

Comment

Originally posted by fuelforthehate View Post
      Unsanitary moisture in CO2 lines definitely opens you up to potential infection, particularly pediococcus, pectinatus, and megasphaerae. All of our CO2 lines are connected to their regulators with 303 stainless industrial quick-disconnect hose couplings so that we can remove the hoses from the walls and clean and sanitize out-of-place bi-annually.
      Thanks for your answer

I’ll CIP the lines with caustic and then sanitize.
      Our lines were installed by the CO2 supplier. They are good grade PVC hoses.
      What’s the best way to dry them? Push dry and sanitized compressed air?
      Thanks
      Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X